Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2002, 06:19 PM   #1
dragons rage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i need that last badgethat is across the bridge but don't know how to fix the bridge. anyone know how?
Old 01-21-2002, 06:39 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

look for the southern most set of doors on that map, and go inside .. there is another set of doors inside, take the center (?) set .. you'll find a group of humans ... the book is in that area ... if I remember right, try talking to the historian ... either that or check the bookshelves .... i know the book is in that area, but can't remember exactly how you get it ...
once you have the book just go back to the bridge .... you'll get a message that the bridge is fixed

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 06:48 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer

more details (spoiler)

talk to Soth (x 100 y 340). Ask him about the books, then
mention that you need an Engineering book to fix a bridge. He'll give you the book you need

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-22-2002, 07:57 AM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Micah,

I did everything but thump Soth over the head to get that book! But the dingbat wouldn't give over. Finally *after* I knocked off the baddies upstairs and everywhere else, risking life and limb while he stayed down in the stacks leisurely reading where *I'd* have preferred to be rather than freezing my armor off, he decided I was worthy of the tome. I don't know if this is the correct order or if I simply didn't say please nicely enough (dwarves aren't known for their sweetness and light sometimes [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Just thought I'd share that.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:34 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer

hmmm, I wonder if that's something that TOL might have changed. All the times I did that map, I followed this rough path (spoilers to follow):

Kill everything outside, find the bridge, Go inside - talk to the hostages, go downstairs, talk to the big cheese Salamander, find vera, talk to vera, tell the suspicious salamander that he is hearing things, go back upstairs, talk to the hostages again, talk to soth, get the book, fix the bridge, go into the cave and clear it out and save the hostages, come back and kill the salamanders and free the rest of those hostages.

It may be a charisma or wis/int related thing and we all know that dwarves are "challenged" in those areas. (STand up when I am talking to you Micah. I AM STANDING UP!!!! ) I've always used my paladin to initiate conversations .... she is SO charming .... lol

Old 01-22-2002, 08:48 AM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I had to annhilate all the baddies before I got anywhere with anybody, *then* go to the bridge and fix it.

After that, I used my half-elf fighter to initiate conversation--her charisma is quite a bit higher than anyone else's ----and she *does* look awfully approachable in her tight armor and all
Old 01-22-2002, 12:09 PM   #7
dragons rage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks i'll try that