Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 02:18 PM   #21
Durwyn
Elminster

Well 3D perspective would actually be quite nice. As long as they can carry over the "spirit" of the game and D&D to it. Just that cozy real medieval spirit. Then sure heck I'll go for it [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 01-17-2002, 02:20 PM   #22
Durwyn
Elminster

Well 3D perspective would actually be quite nice. As long as they can carry over the "spirit" of the game and D&D to it. Just that cozy real medieval spirit. Then sure heck I'll go for it [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 01-17-2002, 03:07 PM   #23
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

I played IWD as a "vacation" from TOB. I really found that expansion to be a disappointment. The ending sucks IMHO, and the Ascension mod didn't really help. As for PS: T, I have it, but I have a lot of trouble getting into it. I mean, why is it so hard to get NPC's to join your party? And, who wants to be a huge, scarred, nameless hulk being followed around by a lecherous floating skull?
Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 05:51 PM   #24
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria1:
I played IWD as a "vacation" from TOB. I really found that expansion to be a disappointment. The ending sucks IMHO, and the Ascension mod didn't really help. As for PS: T, I have it, but I have a lot of trouble getting into it. I mean, why is it so hard to get NPC's to join your party? And, who wants to be a huge, scarred, nameless hulk being followed around by a lecherous floating skull?

Precisely the reason I hate Torment so much. That game is so awful, I simply cannot bear to be called the 'Nameless One'. And that skull is too much [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2002, 06:33 PM   #25
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

Precisely the reason I hate Torment so much. That game is so awful, I simply cannot bear to be called the 'Nameless One'. And that skull is too much [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Each to their own, said the old lady as she kissed her cow. [img]tongue.gif[/img] (Thank you, Rabelais.) I think P:T is far more engrossing than the usual dungeon crawls. It's also one of the two CRPGs I've played over the last sixteen years whose plot I can respect (the other being Betrayal at Krondor). Both offer far more than "go kill the Big Evil Nasty Thing." P:T has fine graphics, interesting NPCs, and a personalized character that lets you play the game as either a slash & hack or a puzzle-based RPG (with some combat, too). The writing in P:T is fantastic, IMO; only BG2 comes anywhere near it. I prefer BG2 because of its sheer size, available party NPCs and interparty conversations, but P:T is right behind it.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 10:32 AM   #26
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

Fable, since I've got you here' so to speak, why do I have so much trouble getting the NPC's to Join me? I know I've asked this question in another thread, but I've found Ignis and Annah, and Ignis ignores me(Heck, I would, too, if I was on fire) and Annah just insults me. Am I doing something wrong?
Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 08:00 PM   #27
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by fable:

Each to their own, said the old lady as she kissed her cow. [img]tongue.gif[/img] (Thank you, Rabelais.) I think P:T is far more engrossing than the usual dungeon crawls. It's also one of the two CRPGs I've played over the last sixteen years whose plot I can respect (the other being Betrayal at Krondor). Both offer far more than "go kill the Big Evil Nasty Thing." P:T has fine graphics, interesting NPCs, and a personalized character that lets you play the game as either a slash & hack or a puzzle-based RPG (with some combat, too). The writing in P:T is fantastic, IMO; only BG2 comes anywhere near it. I prefer BG2 because of its sheer size, available party NPCs and interparty conversations, but P:T is right behind it.

You're perfectly correct in what you say, it is actually more engrossing than the usual CRPG. It's just silly details that bother me.... like being green, being called 'The Nameless One' and just looking like a big, green hulk annoys me. Or maybe I'm just strange [img]tongue.gif[/img]