Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2002, 11:20 PM   #11
Rolper
Dungeon Master

I have a temp fix that is verrry combersome.

2 directories under Black Isle .. Icewind (HoW, Lure) and IWD (vinilla IWD.. no patches)

I play HoW with Lure (which is supposed to have all patches)
and when the group needs to travel I save, quit, move the saved game to IWD with no patches, no How and no Lure.

Run IWD travel, save, quit
(Move saved game to HoW.
Run HoW .. Shop, talk to NPC's etc.
Save, quit

Move save to HOW dir., run... you get it...

The interesting thing is any spells memorized by that were acquired under HoW do not appear in the IWD list of "quick" spells, and the party can not move any Scroll Cases... I assume it will be the same for Potion and Gem cases as well.

ARRGGHH!

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Rolper ]

Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 12:26 AM   #12
Durwyn
Elminster

Well my point in my last reply was, any old saved games that were saved on your old computer will not work with your new computer on your newly installed IWD.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:07 AM   #13
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Rolper,

Try using the cheat codes to make area transitions - the instructions for the codes can be found on the IWD site page here in Ironworks.

As for Durwyn's comment about not being able to use saved games - well, all i can say is that all of my saved games from IWD worked fine in HOW and all my HOW saves worked fine in TOL.

A lot of people seem to be having trouble with lock-ups during transitions, and there doesn't seem to be any common thread as to why.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 01:02 AM   #14
Rolper
Dungeon Master

The plot thickens.... if there are NO gem bags, potion cases or scroll cases ... no problem traveling.
When you use IWD to travel no bags get tranferred.. they are part of HoW.... I forgot to move the file .. loaded HoW and TRAVELED back to the oak! I said huh? Then tried to travel back to the Hand ... and did.
Went back to the Oak, bought a scroll bag went to travel ... lock up!
?????
I don't know, but I don't care ... bags are a nice.... but not crucial... I consider it more of a challenge.
Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote