Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Hiya, I'm enjoying this game whilst I'm waiting for Oblivion to come in the post. Anyway, have got to a horrible bit where I'm supposed to kill the dragon Talon with a stupid ballista on a roof (end of act 2) and I can't do it for the life of me (or rather for the lives of my heroes) - I even tried the god mode cheat (+drlife) which says all my characters are invincible, but hey, guess what, it's a lie, they just die as per usual. I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to walk all the way back to the top of the keep every time I reload. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Anyone got any bright ideas?
Also, how scary is it to play rpgs online? I keep thinking about it but cos I'm ill and can only play for short whiles I'm guessing people will shout at me if I keep leaving. Are peeps friendly like on this forum or what? I'm a bit curious but even more shy.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #2
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ya, by and large, we all friendly. That's why this is the only forum that i frequent. It's odd that an all-ages forum has a higher standard of maturity than most of the adult forums i've encountered. Don't be shy. There's no need to wait until your post count hits four digits before coming out of your shell.

Can't help you with DS2, sorry. DS was bad enough for me. But IIRC, Ladyzekke and Cloudy enjoy this type of rpg and maybe they can help. [img]smile.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Thanks Sever, it is kind of weird this forum is so friendly. Maybe RPGers are just nice peeps [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyway as you know I've got Oblivion, well Oldblivion so I guess I'll leave the DS2 dragon for a while, he's not going anywhere. Today, just for a change, have a doughnut - any filling of your choice [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2006, 12:48 AM   #4
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

MMM, doughnut. [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]

[ 07-05-2006, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Heya Jelly Sculptress! Sever is right, I really liked the first Dungeon Siege, and bought the 2nd one too, but haven't been playing it lately (still playing Sacred LOL), and am still at the beginning of the game. But! I did buy the strategy guide for it, so I'll type below what it says regarding your dragon, it's not much, but I hope it helps you: [img]smile.gif[/img]

Starting at when you get your orders to kill the dragon:

Return to the lift and ride to the top of the keep. Once there, go east then south to find Talon, the Morden's dragon, attacking the keep's southern tower. The dragon uses plenty of fire-based attacks. Beef up your party's fire resistances before the battle. To defeat the dragon you must use the ballista, which you can rotate left and right using the ground controls. You must hit the dragon EIGHT times to defeat it.

Neither the controls nor the ballista will budge if Talon's fire scorches them; wait for the flames to subside before trying to rotate or fire the ballista. The morden army surrounding Snowbrook Haven catapult Durvla onto the tower to help defend Talon. Defeat the Durvla on sight and then resume the attack against Talon. When the dragon hovers above the tower, move around quickly to avoid the rain of fireballs. When Talon latches onto the tower, point the ballista at Talon then use the weapon to fire and wound the beast. Repeat until Talon is defeated.

TIP - The Durvla siege bugs launched into battle by the Morden are weak against fire attacks. Exploit this weakness by luring the Durvla into Talon's fiery attacks! This will help kill them in a hurry.

[ 07-08-2006, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #6
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Hi Lady Zekke, that is really kind of you, thank you! I will try and run around a bit more as it's the fireballs that are frying me. At least I will if I can drag myself off Heroes 3 which I've been addicted to for months now and is driving me slightly doolally. Please help yourself to muffins/doughnuts/pastries albeit imaginary ones. [img]smile.gif[/img]