Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2002, 11:00 AM   #11
Legolas
Jack Burton

True Byronas, but unfortunately he doesn't even come close to the perfection of the real me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 03:17 AM   #12
Grojlach
Zartan

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Legolas:
True Byronas, but unfortunately he doesn't even come close to the perfection of the real me [img]tongue.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Of the real who?
Old 01-11-2002, 05:01 PM   #13
Jorath Calar
Harper

It was so damn cool when he stabbed the orc first and then fired the arrow, who cares if it can be done? it's fantasy for Pete's sake (no pun intended [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Expand your mind a bit.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 09:23 PM   #14
Durwyn
Elminster

Legolas, an Elf eh? Well, me bein' a Dwarf, I know quite much about those Elves...

Ones, his name was Ulrinian Fantias... He drawn that bow with his swift long arms at the speed of a lighting bolt hitting the ground... I personally had to take care' of that one [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Those Elves are mighty swift warriors. The older they get they stronger and swifter they become....
Old 01-12-2002, 04:08 PM   #15
Darkman

I personally didn't have a problem believing in Legolas's skill with a bow--after all, he is an elf! But I was wondering why his quiver never ran out of arrows in the movie, especially considering how rapid a shot he is... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2002, 02:14 AM   #16
Sneeki Two
Dungeon Master

Magical Quiver of course, hehe.

Just my two.
Sneeki Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:40 AM   #17
norompanlasolas

i guess he collected the arrows of the dead orcs, just like he did in the book. i think i saw a different color in the last ones he fired (in the battle by the river), than in the first ones. so the scene where he picked them up was probably left out in the editing room, or it was just assumed that he did it.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:55 AM   #18
dominions
Elminster

Don't forget that Legolas was supposed to be the son of Thranduil (I think that's the name), King of Northern Mirkwood. He's an Elf Prince and therefore much better than anyone else .
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 11:19 PM   #19
Tancred
White Dragon

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
i guess he collected the arrows of the dead orcs, just like he did in the book. i think i saw a different color in the last ones he fired (in the battle by the river), than in the first ones. so the scene where he picked them up was probably left out in the editing room, or it was just assumed that he did it.<hr></blockquote>

Yep. He starts out with a quiver of arrows with black and orange flights. That is nearly empty when he emerges from Moria. Then, on the river, he has a quiver full of white-fletched arrows from Lorien. At the closing scene, both he and Aragorn have quivers stuffed to bursting with Uruk-Hai arrows. A neat touch, that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2002, 07:25 PM   #20
Sorcerer Alex

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Avatar:
No way. As an archer myself I was discussing it with friends.

Although next time I goto archery I'll stab my target 1st
<hr></blockquote>

I didn't think he was all that slow. But then I'm sure all the special effects made him seem faster than he really was. He's a cool character though - I am distinctly jealous of Orlando Bloom. Not that I'd make a very good elf anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]