Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2003, 04:01 PM   #1
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Didn't see this mentioned in the Spell Reference, so I figured it wasn't common knowledge. Did you know that you can cast various defensive spells on your decoy? One of the tricky things about Mislead is to protect your rather vulnerable decoy from harm. Casting Invisibility on it will however keep him 100% safe from anyone who can't see the invisible.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

or you could just cast where no monsters can see it, or behind a door. it really doesn't make sense to cast it when you could be casting spells to cause damage to the people attacking your illusion
Old 04-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Why waste a spell? Equip your caster with the SotM and cast Mislead. Voila! Permanent invisibility for your illusion, proceed to stuff it where the sun don't shine so that it grants you undispellable invisibility for the duration of the spell. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 12:23 AM   #4
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Why go through the process of getting a weapon I'd never use otherwise anyway, when all it takes is a meager lvl 2 spell slot?

Of course, just getting it out of sight is sometimes an option, but sometimes you're gonna want to cast it in battle, and no running is going to save the decoy then [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2003, 12:46 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

? The method I described is for combat purposes. I discovered the Mislead Exploit on my own before I even met Alson( months before in fact). During battle, your spellcaster can cast Mislead while equipped with the SotM and the resulting clone will be by default, invisible.

If you fear the enemy can cast True Sight or such, you can then proceed to whisk away the clone somewhere out of the enemy caster's Line of Sight. If not, you can immediately begin to cast other spells without breaking your invisibility while your clone stands around invisible.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 02:16 AM   #6
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry, my second line was towards Angelousss, who said it would be a waste of time to cast Invisibility when you could cast spells that would damage your enemy. My point is that if you have to cast Mislead in the heat of battle, then casting Invisibility to make sure that your decoy is safe, IS better than to cast a damaging spell.

About the SotM, sure it is the ultimate way to keep your decoy safe. But for a F/M/T or F/M such as myself, who's never going to use the SotM anyway and don't even have any reason to kill the Twisted Rune and get it, using a single Lvl 2 spell is preferable to having a staff in your backpack that you temporarily slap on every time you want to cast Mislead. [img]smile.gif[/img]