Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2003, 12:16 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

OK, Cloudbringer knows some of this, but not what has just happened.

I've been feeling very low and depressed over the past few weeks...haven't felt much like forum participation or anything like that. Little things seemed to be affecting me adversely, and I'd find myself bursting into tears for no reason at all, having no energy, blah blah blah, which I was beginning to think that I was suffering from clinical depression.

Well, this weekend I got sick. I mean, major stomach-hurling sick. So I went to the doctor this morning. Well, I have a little bit of a stomach flu, but that's not what floored me. When they did my bloodwork, they found that my blood levels are haywire! My red blood cell count is low, my phosphorus is low, and my electrolytes were all out of whack. The doctor gave me a prescription for something to help the anemia (low red blood cells) and a diet rich in phosphorus and potassium (lots of bananas, potatoes, and some lean red meat...apparently I was very low in proteins as well.)

I still feel pretty bad yet, but just knowing that I'm not nuts (much, at least!) and that it's a physiological problem that has a SOLUTION is majorly important to me. That's made me feel a lot better and get a clearer perspective on my life. My doctor said that he wants to see me back on Friday and do another blood work to see if the levels have changed. If not, I may have to go to the hospital for a blood transfusion. Those of you who know me from way back know that I had blood problems like this three years ago and nearly died from it. So this is no laughing matter. But just knowing what the problem is helps a lot...at least now I can do something about it.

Anyway, say a prayer, light a candle, or whatever you do to send good thoughts my way. I really need them at this time. And I promise I won't duck out on you again...if I'm having problems, I'll share them here.

Love and peace,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-13-2003, 12:24 PM   #2
Charean
Hathor

Question Mark

Hey, Saz, I am glad to see you posted!

I understand about blood disorders... insidious. Get your thyroid checked while they are testing everything else...ya never know. That may also help your energy level.

I hope everything works out okay - and keep us posted!!

Hope you are feeling better real quick-like!

Jo
Old 01-13-2003, 12:25 PM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

You will be in my prayers Saz. I´m glad you´re back and hopefully you will start to feel better soon. Please let us know the developments. I tend to get kind of fussy when I don´t know what happens. I do hope the treatment will give you the help you need. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
realbinky
Elminster

Well, glad you are up to sharing with us, Saz. I didn't notice, but now that you mention it, I DO see that you weren't around. It is always good to find a reason to such things. My mom has to have an operation, and found she was anemic when they tested her, and so postponed the operation. She has since finished an Iron infusion diet/plan and now feels great. She didn't notice it until she had recovered, and what a difference. Energy, enthusiasm and vitality have returned. Now she can have the op and move on. I would bet that the winter weather (less sun, more cold) that affects us all to some degree had it's effects magnified for you. Here's to a speedy recovery to the old, or better-than-new Saz!

*prayers said, candle lit*
Old 01-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Paris sweetie, I am SO sorry to hear that!!
I am glad that at least the doctor knows what the problem is, so that you can be helped, but I'm really sorry this happened to you at all.
I hope and pray that your health problems can be solved quickly and that a blood transfusion won't be necessary, but whatever happens, we'll be here for you!! *HUGS* Get well soon and take care of yourself my friend.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:31 PM   #6
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

First, and most important by far, GET WELL SOON SAZ!

Second, don't feel that you have to post your reasons here Saz. Everyone who I have met here is kind and caring, and I'm sure we'd all understand if you did not wish to reveal anything personal.

GET WELL SAZ! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 01-13-2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Horatio ]
Old 01-13-2003, 12:34 PM   #7
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sazerac - My thoughts and my prayers are with you, my friend. I hope all goes well and that you will be back in good health quickly.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:37 PM   #8
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

All my best wishes mate. Now you have found the problem, I hope the solution is within sight.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 01-13-2003, 12:42 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you all for your kind words of support. It really does mean a lot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, the situation isn't good, but it's a lot better than it could have been had I let it run unchecked. I would have probably had to go back to the hospital and possibly be put in ICU. I don't know if I could survive a second bout with TTP, although I don't think this is the TTP again...at least, not yet.

I should have known something was wrong when I didn't even feel like checking the forums or playing any games. When all I can do is go to work then come home and collapse, something is dreadfully wrong.

Anyway, I did just take an iron supplement (one of the prescriptions) with my lunch and I think I should get to feeling better soon. Once again, thank you all and bless you!

Hugs,
Paris (Sazerac)

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-13-2003, 01:02 PM   #10
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Hey Saz, Good luck and God speed.