Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Well today I went to see a doctor about my feeling of downness. It turns out I have situational depression, and I have to take a pill daily to hopefully correct it. The minimum time is three months, so I hope it works in that time. If not, it'll be about six... it's supposed to give me energy and improve my mood, though I'll have to see about the effects for myself, as I begin tomorrow...
Old 04-22-2002, 10:35 PM   #2
Encard
Quintesson

*wince* That's not exactly a good thing... hope it gets better soon... Hmm... aha! *brings in the Cheery People Brigade* Now, all of ye shall cheer up Seph! *Brigade begins cheering* [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2002, 10:47 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
Well today I went to see a doctor about my feeling of downness. It turns out I have situational depression, and I have to take a pill daily to hopefully correct it. The minimum time is three months, so I hope it works in that time. If not, it'll be about six... it's supposed to give me energy and improve my mood, though I'll have to see about the effects for myself, as I begin tomorrow...
What is it? Celexa? I don't know, some Doctors seem to LOVE writing scripts for these depression drugs. I mean, something else could be wrong.. Did they do a blood test? If NOT, I would go ask for one.. Diabetes can cause downness and have no energy.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-22-2002, 10:49 PM   #4
Moni

Hey cody!
Man I am sorry to hear that you are down!
I hope the medication you are taking helps you out....don't be surprised though if after taking them that you end up feeling the same way you did prior to...you'll end up going back for more or stronger prescriptions and what you really want to be doing is altering the chemicals your brain makes naturally. Get into doing things that make you happy and keep doing them until you feel like yourself again...it takes time but you shouldn't end up coiunting on prescriptions to keep you happy OK?!

Start saying no to the people that have you doing things you would really rather not (except your parents lol)!

My last piece of advice (and it is important!)...let go of everyone else's stress, it is not yours to carry.

I read in the "Tell Us About Yourself" that you are straight edge [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] So is my son.
You rock!
[img]graemlins/superdude.gif[/img]
I hope you are feeling better soon.
*HUGS*
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
Moni

Old 04-22-2002, 10:49 PM   #5
Tiamat
Banned User

Hopefully you wont go insane like the 'real' sephiroth! and HAPPY HAPPY Happy JOY JOY JOY!
Old 04-22-2002, 10:51 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
What is it? Celexa? I don't know, some Doctors seem to LOVE writing scripts for these depression drugs. I mean, something else could be wrong.. Did they do a blood test? If NOT, I would go ask for one.. Diabetes can cause downness and have no energy.
no, its Paxil for depression. and there really was no blood test necessary, all I have are mental syndromes everything else is fine, even the strange explosive problem is gone...
Old 04-22-2002, 10:52 PM   #7
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
What is it? Celexa? I don't know, some Doctors seem to LOVE writing scripts for these depression drugs. I mean, something else could be wrong.. Did they do a blood test? If NOT, I would go ask for one.. Diabetes can cause downness and have no energy.[/QUOTE]Yo, Ziroc's right! So can anemia! Hold you hand out...palm open and down, fingers spread out so that you can see your fingernails...if they are white underneath instead of pink you're anemic...(starting at the thumb and going to the pinky finger....the whiter they are closer to your pinky, the worse the the anemia)...take iron!

Old 04-22-2002, 11:02 PM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yikes...

So Moni, how white? I mean i don't really feel down... but then when I did that I can see pink but my nails seem white... so it kinda looks pale pink white.. err.. am I anemic?
Old 04-22-2002, 11:07 PM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Well originally I was gonna try to take this on myself, but I decided to get a bit of help when I decided that the year could always get worse for me, even though it's pretty damn bad already. I'm hoping that I won't have to go to anything stronger, and if I need to... then I'll seek help from something other than prescription medication, since I don't need help that much. I think that a lot of this might be old stress though, I had a mental breakdown last year at school and I've been in stressful situations quite a bit in the past year. I think that being straight edge might be adding stress, but it's worth it to not take some coward's way out. [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't believe it's anemia since I just did that check, but I'll keep an eye out for it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Possibly if I have to keep going after three or six months they'll do a blood test, since that would be very serious...

And Tia, I'm already insane! [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

*HUGS* to Moni and *handshake* to the others [img]smile.gif[/img] (I don't hug guys, sorry )
Old 04-22-2002, 11:16 PM   #10
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Yikes...

So Moni, how white? I mean i don't really feel down... but then when I did that I can see pink but my nails seem white... so it kinda looks pale pink white.. err.. am I anemic?
If your thumb, your first finger and your middle finger are white underneath the nail, you are probably tired...your blood is lacking in iron...get some multivitamins with iron or a daily iron supplement. When it gets into the ring finger and pinky, you feel like the walking dead...go for the ferrous sulfate (over the counter iron supplement for secondary anemia...available in your grocer's pharmaceutical section (right next to the vitamins, etc)
Do intake a good amount of water and fibers while taking them, they can make you constipated...but if you need the iron, don't deprive your blood supply of it...it can make all the difference in the world as to the amount of energy you have every day.