Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2002, 12:16 AM   #1
Megid
Welcomed New User

OK I never played Wizardry before but I am trying it out.

Question 1, When you die How do you come back? @ of my guys died and after 2 more hours of play the rest died and in that 2 hours I could not find out how to get rezzed?

Question 2. Backstabbing do you must be behind the mob to do this skill? Is there a hotkey?

Question 3. Casters, I dies from backfires? When lv up should I try to put my skill points into 3 types of magic only to help for not backfiring, say like put it in fire and earth and wind but don't worry about the others and focus on tham only?

Please help i just wasted like 4 hours so far dieing.

Also is this a good group

2 fighters
1 preist
1 rogue
1 Bard
1 Mage
Megid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 12:22 AM   #2
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Megid, I saw these questions on another forum where you posted them, so rather than repeating, click here to see answers to Q1 and 3.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-11-2002, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Wolfie ]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 02:16 AM   #3
Megid
Welcomed New User

Ya that was me, wish there was something in the book telling more about rez powders! But thanks for the tip, I think I will restart the game again, I been dumping stats into stupid stuff, I guess I will lose 5 hours gameplay no big deal.
Megid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 01:06 PM   #4
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

You can get Ressurection powder VERY early on in the game. When you get to the cavern with the river and the mechanical bridge, jump in the water, kill the fish, then REALLY gently jump off the waterfall. You'll fall to a mid-level that has some res. powders.

Just make sure you've unbarred the door in the room with the King Crab so you don't have to walk the long way back.

As for spells backfiring... that happens, just don't cast anything higher than power level 1 spells for awhile. Put your points in the Schools (Wizardry, Divinity, etc) and let your Fire, earth, etc improve with spell use... they go up quicker.

I'd also opt for a Bishop to cover both your priest and mage... maybe put a gadgeteer in there.