Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2002, 10:20 AM   #1
Vampire

Hot Air ballon joke:
as with all hot air ballon jokes
someone has to be chucked out
it's farm animals this time and time is running out
ur usual compliment of a pig, chicken, ox, donkey, dog, etc. are the passengers of this ill fated joke
so the rule is to tell a joke if everyone laughs then ur safe
if one person fails to laugh u r out
so the ox went 1st
knowing his joke is the best and since jokes can't be repeated, he told his joke well...
every animal laughed except for the pig
everyone was like: why don't u find it funny?
the pig looked blank...
so the ox sadly has to go

next came the dog..

told an awful joke and everyone was silent... except for the pig who bursted into a fit of laughter
after the dog went
everyone asked why it was funny
the pig said:
now i get the cow's joke!

Old 09-06-2002, 01:49 PM   #2
Lox
Manshoon

I don't get it. When did the cow tell her joke? Before the ox?
Old 09-06-2002, 01:51 PM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Hmm, I think in a small space unkown to time
hey, now I think about it, isn't an ox LIKE a cow? Enough for us city people to get confused?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-06-2002, 02:09 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Does this mean we can throw Avatar out ??
Old 09-06-2002, 02:12 PM   #5
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Does this mean we can throw Avatar out ??
Aokay [img]smile.gif[/img] feel the eeevil, fool Avatar, as we throw you out a hot air balloon...

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-06-2002, 02:57 PM   #6
Lox
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Hmm, I think in a small space unkown to time
hey, now I think about it, isn't an ox LIKE a cow? Enough for us city people to get confused?
I always thought that they were a seperate species from what I call "cows" which are those things in the fields that you yell "Moo!" at when you drive through the country. I did some research and this is what I found, from Drew Conroy's book "The Oxen Handbook"

"Oxen are castrated bulls of the genus Bos that are 4 years old or older. Animals under 4 years old are referred to as working steers in New England."

So I guess an ox like a cow, only (a little bit) maler. Other interesting facts I picked up on my surf for knowledge:

"Modern domestic cattle evolved from a single early ancestor, the aurochs. It is believed the last surviving member of the species was killed by a poacher in 1627 on a hunting reserve near Warsaw, Poland."

Musk Oxen (Ovibos moschatus) are not oxen but a relative of antelopes and goats. “They’ve got the gut of a cow, or the gut of a classic grazer; they’ve got the eyes of a goat and they’ve got feet that look like snowshoes. So they are a very, very strange animal. And then they also produce wool."

For everything you didn't want to know about oxen, visit the MODA (Midwest Ox Drover's Association) home page at http://my.execpc.com/~hiebj//index.html