Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 10:04 PM   #51
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

to lord of alchohol, who's phil???
Old 05-15-2002, 10:04 PM   #52
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnabas:
Well, as a new guy here, I can't say much... My feeling though, is that this is Ziroc's house and he can ask anyone to leave anytime he wants.
I am also impressed with the loyalty and honest affection people here show to one another. I wish I could have been here from the early days. Hopefully I'll get to make friendships with some of you guys (and girls).
Just stick around Arnabas, this is an excellent place to meet people and become true friends [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-15-2002, 10:11 PM   #53
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
to lord of alchohol, who's phil???
Hey Pauly! Ya realize you and the others have started a tradition
for Daniel: Phil was a fun guy, do a search for him in GD and you'll turn up a few threads that'll give you a laugh.

BTW LoA, I didn't realize we had a beer ration? Are mine back logged or is it a per week thing [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 10:12 PM   #54
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Well, I do plan tp stick around! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hope to keep chatting with all of you. I'd be interested to know if anyone here lives in my general vicinity. I've only noticed a few other Canadians so far.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:12 PM   #55
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
PAH! More likely he was doing a drama queen act for attention
It does sound a bit drama-queenish, but that's Tiamat for you. Pre-adoloescent angst and all that.

I wouldn't worry too much, Z...Tiamat wouldn't have the first idea on how to unleash a virus, a denial-of-service attack or any of that other jazz. I don't think he meant it in that way - probably just a bit of self-pity. In any case doing something like that would carry some serious penalties - ISPs HATE that kind of stuff. We've got his details - I doubt Tiamat would be that stupid.

To those of you who feel that he is a bit hard done by, you don't know his history. He has received NUMEROUS warnings over the last ten months and we have bent over backwards to accommodate him and work with him on his behaviour. Well, he ran out of chances.

There is a BIG difference between friendly spamming, excessive spamming, and antisocial behaviour. We've been here long enough to know the difference between the three.

[ 05-15-2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 05-15-2002, 10:53 PM   #56
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Michael:
We wouldn't die without IW, you know. It is just a fun way to socialize with people around the world--for better or worse, just words on a computer screen--nothing more, nothing less.
You dont know how wrong u are on that Michael. There are people who fall in love on the internet. It is so much more then just words on a screen. I've become good freinds with many of the members here, and it would hurt if i couldnt talk to them anymore. Thanks for the IP Mr. Sensetivity!
Old 05-15-2002, 10:55 PM   #57
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnabas:
Well, as a new guy here, I can't say much... My feeling though, is that this is Ziroc's house and he can ask anyone to leave anytime he wants.
I am also impressed with the loyalty and honest affection people here show to one another. I wish I could have been here from the early days. Hopefully I'll get to make friendships with some of you guys (and girls).
That honesty and affection (even if we disagree, and we do sometimes!) is the major reason why I'm still here after a year. I cherish the friends I made then and love meeting new people here now.

I know that we blueboarders sometimes sound like a little IW fan club and we always back Z up, but we have come to know that this is ge best site on the web and Z knows best about being the IW webmaster.
We do disagree with each other and even Z sometimes but we stick together on the big things because that's what friends do. IW is as close to an internet 'family' as any community I've seen. I wouldn't swap it for any other.

hey Relic: [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] teehee
Old 05-15-2002, 10:59 PM   #58
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

You've done 8000 posts in a year. Wow. Gonna take me longer than that.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 11:00 PM   #59
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

*Ahem* This is kinda

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]

But hey... I must say it.

Guys, try not to go agianst people of the age of 12-16. I know none of you will believe this, as I read Terry Brooks, Frank Herbert's Dune series, W.O.T. three times, LoTR about five, The Forgotton Realms, and Dragon Lance book series, plus I talk to you guys on a equal intellectual standered, and hold myself with etiquette and dignity, but I am forteen years old. Yes forteen. In fact I will turn fifteen on July 4, 2002. So when you say things like, "those stupid little kids are all immature." Think for a minute. I'm one of them and I don't act like Tiamat. I act logicaly and intelligently.

But my point is.... when you are talking about people like Tiamat, call him immature, and not a little kid, or 13 years old, because there are others on this forum who hold themselvs far more correct in the views of etiquette that are of that age. Thanx.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:06 PM   #60
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, Sir M, we have many mature and well socialized young people here on IW and I'm happy to know you all. [img]smile.gif[/img] Sometimes we get a bad egg (and they are NOT all kids, either!) but for the most part that doesn't last long.