Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2003, 04:01 PM   #1
ShadowChild
Manshoon

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Righty, i'm currently in the Black Raven monastery - i'm doing the 8 chambers mission and i'm in the Sorcery room. Its the one with all the discs on the floor with different symbols on them.

I know i have to get protection from lightning by stepping on a certain disc which appears lighter than all of the others - but for some reason i don't get any protection cast on my character and end up getting my bottom switched after a few encounters.

I'm sure its the right disc because its obviously the lightest of the whole lot - but nowt happens - anyone know if am doin owt wrong?

Cheers!
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:08 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

If I remember right the activated disk change during the fight and you have change disk a few time.

I'm not so sure, I never bothered standing on them. A good fighter should be able to handle them without protection.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:13 PM   #3
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Oh i could handle them, they die easy enuff but just how do you avoid the fact that they take potshots at you with bolts of lightning, they always hit you and end of causing about 30+ damage each time they hit?
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
Old 10-31-2003, 08:07 PM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

Do this room with a cleric, druid, or mage that can summon up monsters to fight for you. Let THEM take the lightning hits and you don't have to worry about taking any damage.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:14 AM   #5
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Do you have a monk? If yes, simply kick them. If you have a fighter kill them. If you have a cleric-use prot from elements or something like that.
The real crap will begin in the last chamber.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:44 AM   #6
ShadowChild
Manshoon

That was a pain in the butt! i did'nt realise my Ranger/Druid had Stormshield which negates all the damage from the lightning bolts - so after that it was easy. (hide in shadows just before they appear seems to stop them casting anything at you as well)

Just finished the last room which was an even bigger pain!