Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2003, 06:05 AM   #21
wellard
Dracolisk

Ok Ziroc

First* I would like to agree with every single thing said above. I did have my doubts about the news forum but it has proven a success IMO. I can dip into it any time I want and if not in the mood I can surf the fun of Gen discussion without worry.

Second * The Mods.... I gives a bow and tips me hat, a job well done. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Third * Two improvements I would respectfully suggest. The merger of the polls and the music/book/films forums to increase user rates and free up space for other forums. The other would be the underused but important Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) forum to include full game reviews. There are many people on this board whose opinions I respect and if they said a game was good or bad I would listen to that opinion. Full detailed game reviews are a badly needed service on this board. For example The temple of elemental evil.

Keep up the good work Z and thanks [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 10-18-2003, 09:06 AM   #22
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I just wanted to add my thanks too, Ziroc. IW is really the most enjoyable place to hang around in the Internet (though I post only occasionally). I'm really glad that I stumbled upon it when I was first hunting for BG2 walkthroughs
Old 10-18-2003, 12:53 PM   #23
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

IW has got to be one of the best forums on the internet. I've been to countless forums on the internet looking for tips on RPG,RTS and some other games. Let me tell you I've hated many other gaming forums for a number of reasons.

1. There are members of many forums who can act like jerks and are evan racsist(I'm not kidding;a member even insulted this guy who clamed he was from Russia).

2. The members are impatient with newbies.

3. The Administrators and Moderators are irresponsible and let many members get away with flamming and bashing other members. Some of the Moderators are even jerks themselfs. I even got banned from a forum for asking too many questions about getting through a game!!! Can you beleive that the mod. would let another member go for insulting another person,but ban me just for asking several questions??!!

IW is one of the frendliest forums on the net. Everyone is treated fairly.
Oh and I'm surprised nobody here is called the Administrator. Isn't Ziroc the Administrator? He created,owns and looks after the forum.

[ 10-18-2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 10-18-2003, 01:22 PM   #24
GForce

Hmmm. To Ziroc ...

1) Personally, I like the Current Events forum to remain. People need a place to be a little more open and vocal. Feelings will be hurt, but everyone should know that and that's the risk we must accept when we post. There was one topic in particular that a moderator tried to censor by giving a warning. I wasn't involved (just reading) but after reading their warning, it made me wished that forum should be allowed to be more open and vocal. People really do need a place to exercise their free speech without the physical threats of course. To improve the forum, maybe there should be a HUGE liner, "SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT WHAT YOU SAY HERE REMAINS HERE. PHYSICAL THREATS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED."

2) IMO, the General Discussions forum should be in its own forum. Its in the gaming forum. Well, its not a gaming forum.

3) Best forum website. Keep the brown background. Gives a homely, Earthly feel. Smilies are way cool. Keep 'em. Avatars? Well, keep some, replace others. Maybe allow posters to have more access to ceratin avatars as they progress in levels and they are allowed to select what they want. Sorta like leveling up in a RPG game.

4) So why this topic? Just wondering. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-18-2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: GForce ]

Old 10-18-2003, 01:28 PM   #25
Sigmar
Unicorn

Ziroc is the chatroom link supposed to be working, because I think you were making a reference to it in the other thread (the transformer one). Is it just me not being able to access it, or did I misinteperate what you said?
Old 10-18-2003, 02:44 PM   #26
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
As you know, unlike huge corporate forums, I take a very personal touch to the Forum, and I think that helps make the 'family' feeling we have had here, and that's why I want to expand that, and bring it back, even MORE!
Z this is why I believe the forum is so greatly appreciated. We all love IW and the job you're doing to keep this place afloat and tidy is amazing. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] I hope we'll be around for years to come!

As for shutting down CE, I say keep it. It's nice to have a separate forum for the heavy debates. Feelings are bound to get hurt with or without the CE forum since the threads would pop up here instead.

I do have a suggestion though. Try to see if you can get another banner for the Ironworks site. Put a sticky thread on top of the GD reminding people to click it. I think that's the problem you see, we forget that Ironworks gaming also exists and get stuck here on the forum. Or put a banner on the forum main site, the index that is.

And since when does "guys" include "gals"? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, Z, you already know how this Cloudmeister,StormQueen,Cloudswiffer (*glares at Memnoch*) feels about you, Choc and this board... I swooped into the old blueboard, found some wonderful people, was made to feel at home and never left. Don't plan on going while you've got this fantastic place to be, either. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ironworks is a phenomenon on the net. A place where so many people from so many places come and interact. Some you like, some you don't and some you may never really get to know very well, but all in all, you are a much richer person after you spend time here. I've made some good friends here and met some fascinating people, heard some great stories, laughed, cried and thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I've played NWN with Ironworkers at the undermountain, learned some gaming tips on several of the boards and found some very helpful people in every place I've gone at IW!

Ironworks gets under you skin...into the blood. Even people who've been away for months or even a year+ come back and check in. Those who left for one reason or another or were asked to leave by the management come back or try to sometimes!

You've got a fantastic site here and the people who help to make it that way are all behind you, Dan! I'm not Choc's #1 fan for nothing! I know alot of us will do what we can for Ironworks! If you had to put a banner on the bottom of a page, for instance, I'd click the silly things! I do agree about the dang popups, though! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

With my wedding planning and the big event coming this spring, I may not have as much time online as I'd like, but I'll be here as much as I can manage. I'd miss you all if I didn't see you for too long!

Will send what I can, things being tight financially. Ironworks is worth it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 07:32 PM   #28
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

There is NO place on the net that is like Ironworks. Even forums about other subjects rather than gaming all fall short. There are so many crap forums and chat rooms out there (and I'm not talking about any offshoot forums from members here, just general stuff you come across on the net), those ones that give the Internet a bad name because of all the freaks and sickos and manipulative people out there. I still have trouble getting friends and family members to understand that me posting on a net forum is not some weird thing, that it is something I need to be wary about. I always wish they would just look here, at Ironworks, and see for themselves, cause if they did, they would see what I mean. This place is special, again, NOTHING on the net is like this place. This place was created with a lot of dedication and love by Ziroc, and we have fed it with our appreciation and participation for years since.

I've been a member since November of 2000, and this place was my very first forum I ever posted to. It took me about 15 minutes before I fell in love with this place, and the people in it, and that love has never gone away.

Thank you so much Dan for all your hard work keeping this place not only running, but always improving and getting better to boot! IWF!!! (IronWorks Forever [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-18-2003, 09:22 PM   #29
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

Nobody has answered my question.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:31 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gab:
Nobody has answered my question.
Ziroc is the owner, webmaster and admin of this place, Gab. I think that was your question, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]