Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2001, 03:05 PM   #11
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

i wiped the hole compound out with my lvl 9 barbarian and friends

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 05-12-2001, 03:24 PM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Good for u lot with your parties. This was a long time ago, but I distinctly recall the whole guraded compound bunch falling to my solo assassin on the 2nd attempt. A few poisoned arrows took out the mage, no more true sight. Then I ran with the boots of speed, hid round the corner and took pot shots with poisoned arrows at the cleric until he died, hiding in the shadows every time the lads came after me. After that it was a simple case of backstabbing everyone a few times. Ketta did annoy me a bit but I luckily managed to poison her and she died after that, although she did backstab me once so I had like 20HP left.
So stop crying over level 10 parties and go in there with one assassin. True, my assassin was about level 14 or 15.
Old 05-13-2001, 02:02 AM   #13
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

DAMN I tried a lot of times just to beat the guys downstairs but when i finally did 4 of my characters died(lucky cleric alive). Since my cleric only has one harpers call i must rest after that And GUESS what ALL MY EQUIPMENT GONE!!!!!!!!

I reloaded and continued with my quest.
Old 05-13-2001, 02:06 AM   #14
BladeMaster

I waltzed through Solo with my Bladesinger

------------------

Old 05-13-2001, 02:16 AM   #15
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

They really are not that hard its just that you have to realize they can do the same stuff your party can and are not just some one move orcs and so you use a different strategy. The thief and mage are the priority to take out. Then the kensai and finnally the minotaur and the neo orog. Have all buff spells and true sight cast before going upstairs and if you have power word silence get the mage first then the cleric.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-14-2001, 08:51 AM   #16
Killer
Banned User

i killed them all solo whit my jedi level 200 and what is the whisted rune?

death is the way of life Killer
Old 05-14-2001, 02:22 PM   #17
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I believe that is the Twisted Rune.

BK
Old 05-14-2001, 02:43 PM   #18
dafan

I was lvl 9 paladin when doing that ( just to get celestial fury to dualwoield with flail of ages)

my party:
minsc (flail of ages and axe got from nalia's keep)
jaheira (quartyer staff)
keldorn (his sword)
nalia (Arbanes bla bla... free to move specail)
aerie (two maces)

first of all have Jaheira cast her anti magic user spell (dont know the name) anyway that will spread to all of the magic user and most of them will get moral failure... than have Aerie and Nalia cast speed and strenght on all( had spells making everyone effecten with one spell) go kick their arse with Minsc me and Keldorn... while jaheria summon mountain bears and Nalia and Aerie cast magic missile... the fight will soon be over without much damage taken.

------------------
I'm a protector of good
a seeker of truth
a symbol of light
a man of honor
Old 05-14-2001, 05:25 PM   #19
Tancred
White Dragon

Ah, the Slave Lords of the Guarded Compound. I remember that encounter; I ladled out the defensive spells, emptying Nalia, Anomen and Jahiera of all useful preotective enchantments; set the best weapons we had, with the party on Haste; and charged up the stairs to meet the foe sword-to-sword.

After the first fifteen tries, I had managed to survive for an impressive minute and a half.

After the first twenty tries, I had managed to kill half of them.

After going away and gaining a few levels here and there, we came back and got them on the third try. But ye gods, they're 'ard!

NOTE: Has anyone noticed that if an invisible thief triggers the release of the monsters and then runs away fast before they appear, they fight themselves? Good ol' Pit Fiends!

Tancred
Old 05-15-2001, 01:14 AM   #20
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

One death spell will kill everything but the glabrezu.

------------------
Welcome to hell.