Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2001, 07:13 PM   #1
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

First, my party:

Kensai dualed to Mage
Minsc
Keldorn
Jaheira
Viconia
Edwin

I guess my character is a real womanizer, cause while from the beginning of the game, Jaheira has been his obvious romantic target, now with Viconia in the party I seem to be getting alot of flirty discussions with the drow as well.

It seemed to start at the end of the Spellhold dungeon, when I turned Slayer. When I rested, I turned Slayer again and attacked Viconia (I heard you were only supposed to attack your romance 'interest).. After I left spellhold, I noticed the 'romance music' start, and Viconia started flirting with me. Now I'm in the Underdark, and once or twice I've had both Jaheira and Viconia flirt with me, one right after another. Once it even seemed scripted, and they sorta 'fought' over me. I've only used Shadowkeeper to change some weapon profieciences, so I don't think I messed anything up.

I don't really mind the ladies attention (Viconia's a hottie), but I'm worried this could cause a problem later in the game, possibly? Or is this by design, and they are trying to fight over me? Any one else get this? Advice? Thanks.
Old 07-08-2001, 07:17 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

First things first to ease your mind, no one will leave your party over who you decide to romance, next eventually you have to make a choice of who to stick with and trust me you will know when that conversation arrives. Your lucky you didnt bring along Aerie as well this would cause even bigger arguments.

------------------
Old 07-08-2001, 07:24 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Pity bigamy is not allowed in the D&D world.
Old 07-09-2001, 06:12 PM   #4
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

Lucky you!
I am female, and since my first character was a cleric ( chaotic good) and i didnt have need for another cleric, Anomen was out of the question. i Kept Haer- Dalis in the group to see if anything would happen after i completed his quest but NOTHING!
So i have a neutral Druid not and Anomen Is in the group hitting on me big time but he is so NOT-my-type its not funny! Even Cernd would be a OPTION ( yes i know his past and am not crazy about it) and i even helped him finish his quest thing too. WHAT other options do i have and do i NEED a romance? i Really don't want to have to fight Anomen, he's pretty tough now, like 108 hp, a +5 sling, full plate +1, and that mace from Nalia's keep. He even has a level 7 spell now!
Old 07-09-2001, 08:50 PM   #5
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for the reply Jabidas. I just exited the Underdark, and the ladies have started to bicker even more about me! Its pretty amusing, it really adds to the feel of the game.

Jeannada, why would you have to fight Anomen? If you tell him your not interested he attacks? Lol. Just take all his good stuff and let him fight you hand to hand then That'll learn em.. I'm guessing a romance with Minsc is not possible? hehe
Old 07-11-2001, 08:27 PM   #6
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

You have to fight your love-interest at some point in a vampire-scenario. It is going to suck fighting a bunch of vampires without anomen in the party if that is the case ( he becomes a vampire or something)