Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 07:32 PM   #1
DarkJediMike

Crap...
I am an neutral evil Kensai in my replay of Baldur's Gate 2 and am trying to get the viconia romance. She was talking to me and I chose the option that said "you do ramble on to much", instead of, "yes go on, tell me."

I'm evil, i thought since she was evil too, that's what she wanted to hear. Instead, she said something about not forgetting that insult and hasn't really said anything to me since. Maybe i haven't given it enough time, because i have only done the Cult of the Unseeing eye quest since she said that, but i don't know

Old 03-11-2001, 07:37 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

I hope you have a save game from before you said that, becasue I think you did screw it, yes. Of course she's 'evil' but even evil people want to hear something nice once in a while! The golden rule in any of the romances is to always choose the nicest dialogue option. Just make sure that you don't give Viconia "weakling" answers, but otherwise be nice and interested. If you haven't got a save left you could have a romance with Jaheira in stead: she's neutral so it's not impossible alignment-wise

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-11-2001, 07:40 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Check using Shadowkeeper on the variable ViconiaRomanceActive, if it is still set at 1, you are ok. If it is set at 3, then reload.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-11-2001, 07:49 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

whew Accord, you're one big fan of SK aren't you?
But I think in this case it will be unnecessary as I know for sure that the romance has ended and a reload is in order

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-11-2001, 07:57 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heehee.
Shadowkeeper among other thing, offer me many shortcuts to test different characters and classes. I like to experience different things (and curious too) but I am too impatient to wait for it to develope or play-out during the normal course of the game.....

P.S. I really thought fishing was suppose to help (to have more patience) .....oh well.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-11-2001, 08:02 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

I think it's a great program as well actually...just not bold -or smart- enough to mess around with things like global variables

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-11-2001, 08:08 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

The Poll Queen is not smart enough?!
You probably just don't have the amount of time to kill like I did back in November and December.

P.S. I hope this is not one of your blonde jokes.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-11-2001, 10:43 PM   #8
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Well I got swayed and got the cheat (afert finishing the game 3 times). I messed around with the variable to see where the romances would take me. Just a tip don't go past global variable 75 with Viconia because she will leave you. I find it stupid in a sence since she is the only cleric available to an evil party. I heard it might have to do with Throne of Bhall but they kinda cut it short one minute she's teaching you the drow arts making plans for the two of you to conquer an empire the next she leaves saying she dosen't deserve someone carring like you thus ending this electronic romance plot (Yah right, My caracter was NE Assasin who killed Drow like they where animals)

Also she claims that no drow as ever been attarted to a human... wich is false. We all remeber our friend Artemis when he was working for Jarlaxle a Drow female tried to force him to do the deed. He killed her and Jarlaxle covered the crime but still...
Old 03-12-2001, 04:49 AM   #9
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

He killed her and Jarlaxle covered the crime but still...

So still their has been no Drow attracted to a Humie. That one didn't happen, cause Jarlaxle sais so. End of story.

I hope you at least killed her before you reloaded. Your evil after all and she just sperned your advances.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-13-2001, 06:26 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkJediMike:
Crap...
I am an neutral evil Kensai in my replay of Baldur's Gate 2 and am trying to get the viconia romance. She was talking to me and I chose the option that said "you do ramble on to much", instead of, "yes go on, tell me."

I'm evil, i thought since she was evil too, that's what she wanted to hear. Instead, she said something about not forgetting that insult and hasn't really said anything to me since. Maybe i haven't given it enough time, because i have only done the Cult of the Unseeing eye quest since she said that, but i don't know

Did you come back and read the replys Mike?

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!