Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 02:17 AM   #1
Icebane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, can anyone tell me how good Morrowind is? I heard of the second one, but I can't remember what that is. I bought Daggerfall and I loved that.. Should I buy Elder Scrolls II and III?
Are they good or not worth it?
Icebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 04:13 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Daggerfall is the second one mate. And I've heard both good and bad story's about Morrowind. You'll have to judge for yourself, but if you liked Daggerfall...
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 04:25 AM   #3
The Kiwi
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Icebane:
... I bought Daggerfall and I loved that.. Should I buy Elder Scrolls II and III?
The original Elder Scrolls game was "Arena" and it was great. Then Bethesda got rather seriously ambitious with Daggerfall. It was too much of a good thing in many ways, if you could get past the many bugs (and patches were slow to come out). I don't know where you could find Arena any more, other than Half Price Books' stores.

Morrowind looks like another winner, pretty clean in regard to bugs in the code, non-linear, not combat-intensive, very flexible so it's amenable to many playing styles. I am intrigued by the Construction Set, a fully formed game-writing, mod-writing program on a second CD.

But it wants (the Construction Set, as opposed to the actual game) an even higher level video adapter than the little GeForce2 I have now, so I may spring for a GeForce3 . .

The K.

[ 05-15-2002, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 08:40 AM   #4
Icebane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought there was a nother one staring with a B. It was the type where you have a view behind the charaacter...
Old 05-15-2002, 10:16 AM   #5
Yack
Dungeon Master

Bethesda also made Battlespire and Redguard, both are in the Tramiel world but are consider side stories.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:19 PM   #6
Icebane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

they are it Battlespire and Redguard... I thought they were elder scrolls III. or Daggerfall two. were they any good?
Old 05-15-2002, 08:06 PM   #7
Yack
Dungeon Master

Battlespire was a take on action, think in Doom with swords and spells, not a very bad game but nothing memorable either, and with an aging engine when release that didn't help. The multiplayer part was fun, for the first 5 minutes at least.

Redguard was also action but this time with an adventure twist, 3rd person view, good story and nice graphics for his time, but with awkward control scheme (was design for a gamepad) and lots of performance/compatibility issues, the game make difficult for the player to enjoy the good things it had.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:11 PM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

i have redguard. its an action game. 3rd person and pretty much just running and sword slashing. i tried to reinstall and play it before MW came out, along with daggerfall, and had all kinds of problems with it. it was supposed to be W95 compatible, but it sure didn't like my fast processor and my SoundBlaster Live!

it just froze left and right and hadda turn off the sound.

daggerall was worse. even the version that's been put out for faster processors AND using mo-slo with it. thing is with daggerfall everything ran fine, except couldn't attack. out of every 50 tries to swing, ONE would actually move.

way toooooooo frustrating to go thru. they're on my shelf, but i won't be playing them any time soon.

if you are interested, Xanathar's Library has a lot of files and sources on the earlier games. check it out. his site is amazing!

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]