Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2002, 07:08 AM   #41
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
not you as well its GRUNGI hard g explained on another post, gah
Sorry, my apologies Grungi. I should've paid more attention to your name's spelling.

Quote:

and no i dont expect people to "religiously" follow stricture, i expect them to try, because in my experience i have had people of different faiths try and convert me by gibbering their crp in my face and saying i should do this this and this then not doing it themselves, that kind of hypocrisy angers me, its those kind of people i expect to follow it religiously, thats the kind of people im really aiming alot at (ie our dear reverend who told us all about sinning and how we should do so this this this blah then molested repeated numbers of small boys)

Ok, that's cool. But it's still your choice that it angers you. You could just pay it no mind and keep on a-rockin' [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:

i know people arent robots, i dont understand how people are reading my posts and coming back with comments like this??? im obviously not explaining myself well i know people VERY well im extremly good at judging peoples characters even from the first time i meet them, and i havent been wrong yet in my life not once, such as my girlfriends sisters ex-boyfriend, i met him first time and my first thought was hes all smiles and fun and everyone seems to like him, but i find him false and i think i dont like this guy, i have this gut feeling hes really nasty at heart, and lo and behold 9 months or so down the line he puts her in hospital, threatens my girlfriend and does all sorts of other nasty stuff, then still tries to come back to me all smiles as though ill help him get her back, then threatens me behind my back, trying to get me sacked. Anyhows thats one example out of thousands, i havent yet been wrong about a person i met, so i consider myself a good judge of character based on that, and a good judge of alot of things (yeah call it arrogance if you want but its based on fact IMO) im just obviously very very bad at explaining myself on this forum because people keep misunderstanding and misintepreting my points.

Hey, it's cool that you're such a good judge of character. Nice spotting with the girlfriend's, sister's ex-boyfriend thing. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Quote:

anyhows my mind is VERY open, more open than most people i know frankly, i accept religion for other people but i dont need it myself, my mind is strong enough to go without it thanks, all i need to rely on is myself, though obviously for me i find good friends to be a far greater commodity than religion or a divine being, people need to believe something normally, i simply dont, dont ask why cos i couldnt explain, i just dont. I dont think all people are robots and im obviously aware of emotions and i think everyone is equal until the prove themselves to be less equal (ie people like saddam and bin laden i consider myself superior to them whether thats right or not i dont care)

Hey, whatever floats your boat bro. And it's great that you have the strength of will to live your life without others telling you what to do. That gets you my respect. Or as the wise Ali G would say, my RAH-SPEKT!!!

Quote:

again dont jump on things im saying if you dont fully understand what im posting, ask me to try and explain first each point and ill do my best, im just terrible at explaining things properly on here and it just gets people telling me im saying things that i didnt mean at all
Hey man, I aint gonna jump on ya. I got nothin' but love for ya baby.
Don't worry about it.
I know how it is.
I understand
Old 12-17-2002, 07:14 AM   #42
Grungi
Banned User

anyhows i am relaxed, just for me when someone molests small children its bad, when he does that and is a religious man whose meant to garner respect and tries to tell me how to live my life its even worse and that makes me angry, and that cant be helped.

and i may have spotted it but it didnt help her from hospitalisation still she has to make her own choice, thankfully she left him after that and my girlfriend went round his house and threatened him with a cleaver, came back with blood dripping i thought she'd killed him (apparently cut herself smashing glass in his kitchen [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) still she told him come near her sister again she'd kill him and he took note, gotta love my girlfriend [img]tongue.gif[/img]

anyhows i only say the character thing because i havent been wrong yet (face to face at least), so i tend to go around thinking im getting it right about people straight off, as face to face i havent been wrong yet, obviously online its way harder to be right about people.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:22 AM   #43
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
anyhows i am relaxed, just for me when someone molests small children its bad, when he does that and is a religious man whose meant to garner respect and tries to tell me how to live my life its even worse and that makes me angry, and that cant be helped.

Fair enough, fair enough I say.

Quote:

and i may have spotted it but it didnt help her from hospitalisation still she has to make her own choice, thankfully she left him after that and my girlfriend went round his house and threatened him with a cleaver, came back with blood dripping i thought she'd killed him (apparently cut herself smashing glass in his kitchen [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) still she told him come near her sister again she'd kill him and he took note, gotta love my girlfriend [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well, she certainly is...passionate [img]smile.gif[/img] Not entirely sure if the meat cleaver thing was the wisest course of action, but hey, I guess the ends justify the means in this case.

Quote:

anyhows i only say the character thing because i havent been wrong yet (face to face at least), so i tend to go around thinking im getting it right about people straight off, as face to face i havent been wrong yet, obviously online its way harder to be right about people.
way harder...or just downright impossible [img]smile.gif[/img] I guess we just take each other on faith when using online discussion boards.

Grungi, your heart seems to most definately be in the right place, and thus if you ever get angry or frustrated and say something hastily that you don't mean it doesn't matter to me. Keep on truckin' bud. I'm off to bed.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:27 AM   #44
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

and ill stick with fk then cloud, seems like people said that on plenty of threads with no problems so ill go with that, id go mad without profanity [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QB]
After Ziroc's thread, Grungi, I think it's best to avoid any variation of that word. In fact he specifically said so.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:38 AM   #45
Grungi
Banned User

bah fk could stand for fick, fook, feck or frick (all of which i do say on occasion to stop myself swearing), hmm ill go irish then to feck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 09:00 AM   #46
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
bah fk could stand for fick, fook, feck or frick (all of which i do say on occasion to stop myself swearing), hmm ill go irish then to feck [img]smile.gif[/img]
OR....you could follow your own advice and respect the rules of Ziroc's house. In the "child-raising" thread, you mentioned several times that you will be the "RuleMaker" in your house and everyone else will respect those rules when they come there.

It might be wise if you follow the same example here. Just a friendly suggestion before a more serious action is taken.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:05 AM   #47
Grungi
Banned User

erm cerek i am following my own ideas, and zirocs rules, otherwise i could use brb to mean bugg** rabbits backwards so fk has more meanings than just the f word so i feel using it is NOT breaking any rules, im asking what i can use so as not to break rules, so i am respecting the house rules thanks, i use feck alot and it does NOT mean the f word, so it should be okay and is not breaking the stated rules.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:28 AM   #48
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
yep thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

and why i didnt check online is cos online manuals etc dont give a proper view, i want to know direct from people.
Are you suggesting the 'online manuals' as you put it, aren't written by people?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 12-17-2002, 10:10 AM   #49
Grungi
Banned User

no? dont the faeries write them??

ahem, [img]tongue.gif[/img] online manuals dont answer questions when i want a point elaborated on or break things down for me when i need a simple or exact explanation (normally im asking technical questions and online manuals are useless in answering them see my unix threads for example [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) so i prefer asking people over manuals any day of the week [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 10:11 AM   #50
Grungi
Banned User

alas poor yorick i knew him well, but then the faeries got him and gave him hell

dunno why that popped into my head but i thought id share it with you [img]smile.gif[/img]