Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2001, 03:08 AM   #1
Mourdret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oi, I've finally killed Yx-what'shername (That self-important child-thing on the lowest level of the Dragon's Eye maze) but the captive villagers are not thanking me and fleeing... what gives. When the little boy Sheemish, whom I promised to save, asks "Did you kill the monsters yet?" the only reply I can give it "No." But I *did* kill everything... is there some sort of captive-freeing lever I have to pull, or what? Is it a bug? Please respond, because I'm getting pretty frustrated and I'm afraid I may soon have to take it out on the innocent villagers...
Old 11-11-2001, 08:54 AM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

I don't recall any captives.?.?.?.? But once you beat Yxunomei, go back to Kuldahar, then you continue on with your game.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 03:49 PM   #3
Mourdret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've tried going back to Kuldahar, but none of the captive villagers appear there. I especially want to bring the weaponsmith's son, Sheemish, home. I can see and talk to him in the lizard-man maze, but he will not come with me, even though I have killed all the monsters in the area. So, is this a bug, then, d'you think?
Old 11-11-2001, 05:34 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

It might be a bug. You have to kill every monster between him and the exit. Backtrack to make sure you didn't miss any of them. But if you did and the boy doesn't leave it's probably a bug.
Old 11-11-2001, 08:47 PM   #5
Subotai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

But try not to take it out on the villagers in any case.

Subotai, thief and archer
Old 11-14-2001, 07:39 AM   #6
Thara Song
Elite Waterdeep Guard

have you killed the salamnder king (or what ever he calls himself), so that the other captives thanks you? The will not go away, but the they are still thankful.. i was abel to get the kid to town. and got a nice item from his father.
Thara Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 08:04 AM   #7
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I think it's a bug. I've killed every monster in that cave, three times I think, but thy're still standing around, making scared noises
-Galadria
"Galadria is ready, prepare Irenicus!"
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 07:24 PM   #8
Mourdret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No bug... this was just my silly mistake. Turns out I *hadn't* killed the Lizard King... and once I did, all the villagers were thankful, and went home.

I was really upset to find E-(minor spoiler deleted)-'s dead body in the caves, though... poor fella. Is this just something that happens, or does anyone know if there is any way to save him? And I can't even pick up his body, and give him a proper burial outside...

... maybe I'm getting too emotionally involved in this game. ^_^
Old 11-15-2001, 07:41 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry but there is no way to save that poor wretch. Say a kind word over his body and make good use of his equipment. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 09:18 PM   #10
dragons rage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

jst kill everybody and leave if he dosen't go who cares, what did u ge from the black smith.