Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 08:44 AM   #1
Thorin Orcslayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I posted this problem on the old board, and reported it to the Interplay support as well, but still I don't have a solution.
Problem description: When I go upstairs in the Asylum to find allies for my fight against Irenicus in his Lab, I meet Lonk the Sane.
A second or two later Irenicus teleports in and starts the same dialogue as when I entered the Asylum the first time. It continues then the same way, means I'm put to sleep (even when I scatter my party, attack Irenicus, etc), teleported into the glass tube and two Irenicus greets me wit the phrase:" Ah my visitor has awakened." and the dialogue continues with all answer options. Then the screen moves from glass tube to glass tube where all the Shadow thieves get killed the first time, but this time they are empty and returns to me. After that I can walk around in my Aquarium, but of course not out of it. I also can't rest, because my party is scattered. The rest of my party is locked up in the cell in the NW and has blue circles. If I chose to attack Irenicus, Imoen, Saemon, or Bodhi it starts again with the greeting dialogue of Irenicus in his lab. With every restart of the dialog a new version of Saemon and Bodhi is created. After loop continued for the eight time the game crashes.

I have installed the patch, even when in the read me for the patch there is no mentioning of this strange bug. I deinstalled the game and reinstalled it (this time full). Still Irenicus appears and the loop starts.
The hard disk id defragged and also scandisk shows no problems.
The Interplay support told me to delete all files in the BGII temp and data/cache folder. Also I checked that no other programs were runinng.

Any ideas?
I'm willing to forward the save to anybody who might have an idea.

The first strange thing I found out was, when I missed all the items from the shadow lord dungeon. I don't miss all the books and letters, or the sun gem, but the missing Crom Faer scroll is a loss. As a good character I don't litter. So I place all my used items like keys and letters in a chest in my keep.

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 08:53 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

All I can suggest is to maybe try and contact Bioware, they did the engine for the game. Try www.bioware.com

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-07-2001, 12:33 PM   #3
Lord Shield

Never heard of this one. Have you tried backing up the saved games, Uninstalling it, and re-installing the game? (put the save files back after install)

Old 03-07-2001, 01:45 PM   #4
Dramnek_Ulk

you could always enable cheats use ctrl-j to teleport out of the bowl and try to kill bodhi,irencius etc with ctrl-y.

------------------

"Eat them"

Old 03-07-2001, 03:52 PM   #5
dragonslayer
Manshoon

You might try to empty your overrides folder, move the files to another folder and then move them back afterwards. It solved some bugs in IWD.

Good luck
Old 03-07-2001, 04:34 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
I think the versions of Jon and Bodhi in the Asylum are "immortals", meaning [ctrl] + [y] will not kill them. You are better off using the MoveToArea code and teleport your party to underwater city or Underdark.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-09-2001, 09:41 AM   #7
Thorin Orcslayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This problem stops me from playing on. Interplay support wasn't very helpfull so far. He came back with some technical adjustments I should do, to no effect. They stated that they were able to proceed in the game without any problems, therefor it must be a problem with my system. After I asked them to continue my game for a couple of seconds, then save it and return it to me I haven't heared anything from them for over 4 weeks. So I don't believe that they were able to proceed. To check this, is anyone willing to try my save game and in case he can proceed without the loop, send it back to me?
Old 04-09-2001, 10:14 AM   #8
dafan

Thorin I had this problem taken up on the forum some days ago but I managed to get past it... it's simple you just have to hurry talking to Lonk before Irenicus comes out of the teleport thing... bribe him with 2000 and you will be teleported to the room were you meet the imprisoned wizzies without Irenicus interference

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-09-2001, 11:50 AM   #9
Halo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If dafans solution doesn't work feel free to send it to me (halo@runbox.com)and I'll have a look and see if I can get it working.

------------------
"if you whistle while you’re pissing, you have two minds where one is quite sufficient.
If you have two minds, you are at war with yourself" (Illuminatus. 405).
Old 04-11-2001, 05:58 AM   #10
Thorin Orcslayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks dafan, your advice did it. I tried it before, but was too greedy to give him some money and tried to fight him. When the fight started Irenicus was able to start the loop.
After the fight Irenicus left with the words:" I have to start anew and leave behind some Assassins." or stuff like that. After I killed all the Assassins, I was able to go to the upper level, where again Irenicus waited. He left with the same dialogue, bur this time I got Quest Experience points and was able to proceed.
Is it normal that Irenicus appears on the upper level or is it the last result of the loop?
Thanks to everybody for their advices and I would like to send my save game to Halo anyway, to check if Interplay support has really tested it and it can run without an error on another system.