Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2001, 06:48 PM   #21
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Don't give up on Z so easily, my cats used to fight a lot at first (sadly one died a while ago) but if you tick it out I'm sure things will settle down, plus Z is such a cute name for a cat.
Old 10-18-2001, 06:52 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
no, but if they continuously not getting along for 2 weeks, then I am giving up Z
Well I think that still things can be compromised, if you still care about Z too, even though you seem to favor the cuter kitty more. There are ways to help them both get along, all sorts of ways, and two weeks is not a lot of time, friendship sometimes takes a little longer. And I also agree with Saz, and that you should take some responsibility with Z so she does not go homeless, if you decide to not take Z back into your home again.

------------------
Old 10-18-2001, 07:04 PM   #23
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

thanks you guys, Sazerac and Ladyekee, sometimes I wonder why I cannot make up my own mind??

but I am glad I can always trust on you guys... not that my own judgement is inconcequential... you know what I meant!!
Old 10-18-2001, 07:31 PM   #24
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You think too much TwoFiffee Oh, and of course, you can always count on us to give you our TwoCents LOL if you ask for it I just hope that we are actually able to help you out with our collective TwoCents, although I must say, sometimes I must wonder what your questions are "really" about

Ladyekee LOL

------------------
Old 10-23-2001, 05:18 AM   #25
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
You think too much TwoFiffee Oh, and of course, you can always count on us to give you our TwoCents LOL if you ask for it I just hope that we are actually able to help you out with our collective TwoCents, although I must say, sometimes I must wonder what your questions are "really" about

Ladyekee LOL

geessssssshhhhhhh, ladyzekke, oh my god, tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk
man, I wasn't aware of your remark's underline message until I read it again! The two cats got into a serious fight, and one bit Gina while she tried to calm them.

evil ladyzekke... GROW UP!!! just kidding

well, any help on that? they FOUGHT, Hiram Sedai is right, need to seperate them, sigh... girls... cannot they just get along? gee

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 05:36 AM   #26
Moiraine
Anubis

Don't worry, Deuc-Cent-Cinquante, I've had the exact same problem a year ago, and it somehow solved itself with time. Try to keep them separate for now as much as you can, when you can't, well, as long as they both have enough food in their plates, they'll grumble and shuffle and yell but they'll get somewhat along in time. It's all a territory matter, you see.

Remember as well not to neglect your older cat, try to share the cuddles fairly. And keep their plates as far separate as you can manage !

Would you believe it, now, a year later, my two cats still grumble at each other (grumble but don't really fight anymore), but when an intruders pops up, they actually unite and chase him together ! One zould stalk the intruder, the other would jump on him at the last moment ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-23-2001, 05:42 AM   #27
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

I decide to give up Z, and keep the black kitten

You wanna give me up? Why? You'd take a kitten over me???

I would keep both if possible. it takes about a week for them to get to 'meet' each other. one thing the 1st cat will HATE and if sees will get MAD as hell: seeing cat 2 eat out of cat 1's bowel. or cat 2 using cat 1's litterbox.

It's ALL about scent. takes time. Make SURE you spend more time with cat 1 during that week, he will be feeling hurt, thinking you don't like him/her. Then, let them go.. you will see them start off in either end of the house, cat 2 will come TO cat 1, and that can be tricky--watch them.. but in a few days, you will see them sit out in the same room, but far apart. then, as the week goes by, the will start sitting closer.. cat 1 may smack cat 2 a few times--that is expected, he is showing his alpha status. this needs to happen, because if cat 2 somehow claims this, it isn't going to work out well. (Cat 1 will become depressed).

If cat 1 'excepts' cat 2, cat 1 will lick cat 2. after this, it should be ok--there may still be 'tense' moments, but hang in there .

Damn, I should be a Cat 'Shrink' !!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-23-2001, 05:48 AM   #28
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Moiraine, Ziroc

thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, thanks a lot, great deal!
Old 10-23-2001, 06:31 AM   #29
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

bump for evil ladyzekke
Old 10-23-2001, 06:32 AM   #30
Moiraine
Anubis

You're welcome ! Here, it's cat#2 whose name is Z. - Z. for Zebulon.

------------------

The world is my oyster !