Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2002, 01:37 AM   #1
Rhuarch
Dungeon Master

when I was at the Dren plantation I stole an indoril helm off a shelf on the top floor. Before I knew better I took Medium armor as my armor skill, so anything in medium is uinsafe out in the open. Anyway the helm ROCKs as far as medium armor goes so I've been wearing it since then. When I visited Gnisis I hit the temple, and saw a guy wearing the same helm, and what looked to be the rest of the set. when i talked to him he wigged out on me and attacked because the helm is sacred or something. so I killed him and took the rest of the armor. Is there some reason that I shouldn't keep it? It's the only medium I've found with a higher ar rating that Orc stuff. What faction do I need to join so that I won't be attacked like that anymore? and finally how do I find out what the enchant rating on it is?

Wow that was a long story.
Old 06-21-2002, 02:23 AM   #2
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

same with all the vivec guards as well. kinda goldish in color right?
kinda sucks that the armor you where isnt allowed in most civil neighborhoods
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 03:35 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

eyup, once you wear it you are forever will be attack by ordinator.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 03:49 AM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

and watch out for the bug on that armor that changes it back and forth between med. and heavy armor. its supposed to be heavy, but the bug makes it show up as medium sometimes.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:05 AM   #5
frightfulkiwi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i stole that helm too(and the ebony cuirass and daeradric greaves). i also stole some of it from the guard quarters in vivec. GET RID OF IT!! if you talk to and ordinator with it on, they will attack you. if you talk to one with it in your invatory, they will take it and ALL the things u ever stole. the took my grand soul gem(charged) and lots of other good charged soul gems, my dreough shield, and more. it's worth a lot, so sell it. if u want a good medium armor skill, get dreough.
frightfulkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 10:18 AM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
GET RID OF IT!! if you talk to and ordinator with it on, they will attack you. if you talk to one with it in your invatory, they will take it and ALL the things u ever stole.
Thats not right. You can actually receive an indoril cuirass and helm from an officer of the watch if you complete a specific mission. Then in the rooms of the ordinators there are a pair of boots and a left and right bracers to steal. You can wear all the armor all the time, but you CANNOT talk to an ordinator while wearing it. Special NPC-ordinator dont even care, so you can wear it around them. When you have the armor in your inventory, they wont notice or care.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:22 AM   #7
frightfulkiwi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well yeah probably if you join the temple, but if u steal it and talk to them, they take your stolen stuff(stleast that is what happened to me!). and if you don't have to join the temple, where can the rest of this armor be found?
frightfulkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 03:55 PM   #8
Rhuarch
Dungeon Master

I have almost a full set. the only thing I still need is the greeves. Does anyone know for sure that I can wear the armor without negative consequences after joining the temple?
Old 06-21-2002, 06:03 PM   #9
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I have attained the highest rank in Temple (Patriach) and the ordinators still attack me if I wear the armor while trying to initiate conversations.

[ 06-21-2002, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 06-21-2002, 06:39 PM   #10
Rhuarch
Dungeon Master

Are there any consequences to killing all the ordinators? I mean shoot they attacked me right? Will it hurt my standing in the game, or interfere with the main plot in any way if I just kill them when they attack me? What I really need is a decent one handed long blade. I've got just about the best medium armor you can have in the game (I think), but I havn't found a long blade better than an enchanted silver claymore. I've collected all kinds of great weapons that I can't use though.