Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 07:00 PM   #1
Master Sorcerer

I have seen a lot of people that hgave custom kits on their websites, I would like to know how to make them. I have Infinity engine editor pro, but that only deals with items and spells. So if you know how to make them please tell me, Or if their is a website with a tutorial. Thanks for any help

Old 01-04-2001, 08:10 PM   #2
The X
Dungeon Master

Greetings.....
You don't really need a manual or a tutorial to make items. I'm SERIOUS!!
Okay, maybe a bit of direction and you're on your own.Item creating or spell making is more fun if you are to experiment it on your own.
To start you off;
1)Export an item, say a longsword thru Shadowkeeper.This item will be automatically copied into your "overide" folder.
2)Close your shadowkeeper and open your Infinity engine editor and select Item Maker.
3)Load up the longsword(sw1h##)from the "overide" folder
4)Then , you can start editing everything from the description to bonuses of the longsword.
5)Once you're done, save the item under a different file name say, "sw1h99" instead of the original "sw1h##".This will save up your newly created item as a "new" item rather than an "edited" one.
6)Just make sure you close the other programs(shadowkeeper, Infinity Explore etc.) or else you won't be able to save.

Its fun so give it a try!!!!
Old 01-05-2001, 04:49 AM   #3
Jon the Hell Caster

Ummm. The ?X he said "kits", not items. Master Sorcerer what need to do,
1.Go to My site, and get the Dragon Dancer kit.
2. Go to drizzts page.
3. Go to the kits page
4. Click "tutorial"
Thats it,

Old 01-05-2001, 11:34 PM   #4
Master Sorcerer

Thanks Jon