Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 07:19 AM   #21
Conan

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Starting up a thread for all the hyenas out there. a. Would you be interested in playing such an adventure once NWN comes out?

b. Ideas please - what would you, as players, like to see. Just initial thoughts at this stage.

c. Would you like to help
a.Epona, I have attempted multi-play several times but never really got off to a good start. I do not have DSL so hosting a multi is out. I will play thow
b. I would like to see who ever gets together finish what we would start.
c. Yes, but how?

250, you are very creative!
Donut
Yorick, I know you just got ToB..how are you doing?

------------------
*\Conan/* of the PeaceKeeping Force

Old 10-23-2001, 07:41 AM   #22
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:

c. Yes, but how

Well, I have only given it a little bit of thought so far, but I guess some general ideas for plot, quests, magic items, locations, maps, dungeons, enemies, puzzles etc etc etc. at this stage.

Later this would develop into more concerted effort in terms of writing item descriptions, drawing up more detailed location maps, that sort of thing. Refining the general ideas and fleshing out detail.

Once NWN is released, help will be needed to create items, locations, worlds, creatures, npcs etc etc etc. and using the game editor turn it into a playable module. According to the interplay site, this should be a piece of piss that even I can manage. I hope.

When we are ready, NWN allows for more than 1 DM at a time, so a small team (depending upon the size of the module) to run the game.

It sounds like really good fun, but it's a long time since I did any of this stuff for PnP, and the size of the task will make it impossible if I have to do it all myself.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-23-2001, 08:12 AM   #23
Epona
Zartan

I've got to go now, but please post some ideas for projects 2 & 3? Pretty please? I do have ideas myself, but would like some input from others too if that's cool.

C ya all later!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-23-2001, 11:53 AM   #24
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Bumping

------------------
Old 10-23-2001, 02:37 PM   #25
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Ack! I am late for a meeting! Oh well, what kina bard is on time anyway? HEhee

Anyway, I think all those ideas are great Epona I would most defanitly particapate in the Multi. To bad our beloved Cloudy isnt here to post anymore...

Oh yeah I ment to ask, Yorrick, or anyone, would it be allowed if I could do a multi classed bard? I think you could guess what the other class could be, and if the option is on NWN of course. Yes, I know, It would be hard to roleplay a character like that sence there two oposites. But hey, RPing is always funner when there is a challenge to it.

And now a poem:

Night follows me through the path of dreams. Making shaddows and haunting sounds.

Leave me no peace untill the quest is finished. Life is filling, a journey, not a destination.

Leave me to my own untill I find what I seek. Up high in mountains, or down low in valleys.

Leave me to my philosophy untill I create anew. No Monk nor learned Scholar can change it.

Through Keeps and Casttels I go.

Night follows me through the path of dreams. Making shaddows and haunting sounds.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 05:00 PM   #26
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

bump for Moni enjoy!
Old 10-23-2001, 07:22 PM   #27
Moni

Thank you 250!
Great stuff!
Congratulations on becoming part of LH!

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-23-2001).]

Old 10-23-2001, 09:13 PM   #28
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Project One: Jokes:

Did you here about the Hyena who ate an Oxo (beef) cube? He became a laughing stock. Boom Boom!

I have great affinity for the male hyena. I mean, how can you have sex when the female is laughing at you all the time.

What do you call a Laughing Hyena with no sense of humour. Answer: A Hyena!

What do you call a hyena with no legs in a lake. Answer: Bob.

Poems: The boy stood on the burning deck,
His leg was all a'quiver
He coughed, his leg fell off and floated down the river.

Song by REM:Hyena

Night time fell at the opening,
In the final act of the beginning of time.
Hyena take your role, the stage is set.
The town is safe again tonight

Hyena (I see the day ahead)
Hyena (and all that I've cried through)
Hyena (God knows you're doin' that, don't you?)

Hyena, sister look to your hand
Man you serve communal interest,
She'll tell you when and where and how and why you'd hurt
A beautiful young lady

Hyena (I see the day ahead)

The only thing to fear is fearlessness
The bigger the weapon the greater the fear
Hyena is ambassador to here

Night time fell like the closing
Meager pay, but recognition
Hyena crawls on his belly out
The town is safe again tonight

Hyena (I see the changes, man)
Hyena (Goin' on 'cross the way)
Hyena (I see my road ahead)
Hyena (Don't know if I should stay)
Hyena (I see you holding him,)

Something that gets me through the day: Caffiene.

You still got it Donut. Non Legitimae Carborundum!

Thanks, but what have I told you about talking to yourself, and what does that latin stuff mean?

So it's okay for you to talk to yourself then! Roughly translated it means 'don't let the bastards grid you down.

Okay - now go away you are absolutely hatstand!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Well I think Donut has made a huge contribution to our cause!!!! Has given us Hyenas much laughter ammo! A good ration at that, at least worth a good six months I'd say!

------------------