Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2003, 09:40 AM   #11
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Curious, you told people exactly what you think of them, even if it was negative? Friends maybe? If you felt negative about your friends, then can it be they weren't really friends in the first place? I thought about how I truly feel about my friends and, offcourse, I have very little negative thoughts about them, because I chose to be friends with them. If I didn't like them alot, I would have seized contact with them. And what about people that weren't your friends, just people you know? Like schoolmates or something? You told them as well that you really didn't liked them for real or that they have aspects that you find so negative? Why did you do that? Personal emotional tranquility? Seems pretty selfish to me..... I can't comment about your GF, that was indeed the right thing to do if that was how you felt about her.

I think what you did was very strange, almost out of place, like it is *you* has problems with yourself and not with other people. Offcourse I may very well be completely wrong, but this is how I picture this story of yours.

Hmm, forgot about your last paragraph, where you state that some ppl actually praised you for what you did. This leads me to believe that most ppl around you are unaware of themselves and how they appear towards others?

[ 10-21-2003, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]
Old 10-21-2003, 10:11 AM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Thanks for sharing that with us, mate....it's an interesting thing. Damn ashamed to admit it but I've never really had the guts to tell people exactly what I think about them until they got me really mad (which is not very often as I'm a pretty laid-back person in RL). There are a lot of people who I happen to hang out with because they do the same sport as me and go to the same bars etc. but I don't really call them friends because I simply don't respect/like them well enough for that! It's a shame but what can you do when you are forced to choose between doing stuff you don't like and maybe meeting some new people or doing sports that you like and meeting people you don't really like? I wish I could tell them when they piss me off but it'd just upset everything and I don't need the stress and it'd just make things tense in the sport club.

This leads on to a pretty sad fact.... I don't think I've made any REAL friends in my 3 years at uni so far I've got LOADS of mates but no real new friends. The only person I ever got close enough to since starting uni was my ex-gf but that got messed up when we split up.

[ 10-21-2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 10-21-2003, 11:23 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

Curious, you told people exactly what you think of them, even if it was negative? Friends maybe? If you felt negative about your friends, then can it be they weren't really friends in the first place?
I think this is because we gravitate towards people for both the good qualities and the bad qualities they have, Zuvio - it's the whole that attracts us. Of course, if a person's bad qualities start to outweigh their good qualities in your opinion, then the usual result is that you drift away from that person and before long you're not friends anymore. It's being able to manage this flux of good and bad through communication and adjustment that really defines how good you are at keeping your friends. Unfortunately, sometimes people just grow apart no matter what they try and do, this is reality.