Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

hrm so anyhow,
i went to this odd store the other day that had a million kinds of tea
i got some that i had heard of but never tried before
camomile - if youve ever sniffed a certain glue or adhesive which i forget the name of, it reminds me of that

linden flower - as the name suggests, it has a very mild not bitter or sweet taste, which is not altogether unpleasant, but the aftertaste is odd

earl grey - tastes kinda like standard slightly bitter tea with no aftertaste and no wierd smells (though it is a very strong smelling tea it just isnt a wierd smell as with camomile).

I found i only liked the earl grey as the others had a strange and not so nice smell or aftertaste.
Some other teas ive had are
lipton - standard bitter tea to me, not too much of an aroma or aftertaste
jujube - fairly sweetened tea so its not bitter, has a nice aroma and mild taste

im not actually supposed to have any since it has caffeine, but i make an exception to wake up at 6am for my now awfully early morning classes on monday/wednesday/friday.

any other people occasionally drink tea? what did you like? why? describe the flavor/aroma/experience!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:01 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yerba Máte. That is it's name in Spanish, anyway. It is an herb, made from a type of tree. Damn good. Ask anyone from Argentína, Uraguay, Paraguay, and Brazíl.

I cannot find it anywhere around here, and acutally had a friend send me some from Australia, where he has a South American store. I can buy it online at an herb-related website, but it is not the good stuff and is way too expensive that way.

It is drank by using a "bombilla"...or metallic straw with a filter on the bottom. The classic bombilla has a golden tip for your mouth. It is drank from a hollowed out shell of some wooden nut or something, and is a very social drink. When you go to someone's house in Argentina, they offer you this.

Some people like to boil it on the stove and add milk, then sift the herb out, but I think that is the child-like way of doing it. Still, I like mine with twice as much sugar as native drinkers.

[ 09-07-2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 09-07-2003, 10:13 PM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I drink about 4 to 5 cups of hot camomile tea a day. Even though iced tea is the national drink of the Southern US, I hate the stuff. Never drink it.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 09-07-2003, 10:23 PM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
camomile - if youve ever sniffed a certain glue or adhesive which i forget the name of, it reminds me of that
It is actually quite common here in Autria but mostly used as a household remedy in cases of a cold, sore throat or a heavy cough. Tastes nice if you add tons of sugar else it's too bitter (just like regular medicine )

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:

earl grey - tastes kinda like standard slightly bitter tea with no aftertaste and no wierd smells (though it is a very strong smelling tea it just isnt a wierd smell as with camomile).
You never tried that one? It's the King (okay maybe just the Earl) of English teas. Also it's Jean-Luc Picard's favourite.

BTW isn't "Lipton" rather a brand name than a sort of tea?

I personally like my tea black (like my coffe IF I have to have any). Ice-tea is GREAT especially in summer.
I dislike green tea but mint (I'm addicted to breathmints) is okay with me and like haws it reminds me of my childhood.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:33 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I rarely drink tea, though if I do it'll be Japanese Green Tea over at my grandparent's house. It makes your hair grow back you know
Old 09-07-2003, 11:44 PM   #6
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

as a matter of fact thats why i wanted to try it out, the earl grey tea that is.
when i was at the store i couldnt help but think when i saw it, tea, earl grey, hot.

and hrm yes, i meant lipton: 'the brisk tea', im not sure if thats also another brand name, but it seems to be the only name on the package, i dont know what the actual name of the tea would be without branding.

i too use entirely too much sugar, generally about 2 tablespoons per metric cup
(sometimes more depending on the bitterness of the tea)

with this 'Yerba Máte' how do you tell if its the good stuff instead of an imitation? and does it have a more english sounding name alternative?

hrm green tea, i might have had that, if its the tea they serve in japanese restaurants anyhow. i never did ask them just what type of tea they were serving in the jap or chinese restaurants.

i have tried oolong tea come to think of it, its a little on the bitter side, but has a nice aroma and taste with a lot of suger.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:51 PM   #7
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

lol, lipton is the natinal drink o the south, it is made rom orange something and some others, I have not had tea in months
Old 09-08-2003, 03:13 AM   #8
Manshoon

mmmmm, I love tea. I usually order from republicoftea.com cause they have a huge selection and really good quality product at decent prices. You can also find their stuff at coffee shops and some of those bookstore/cafe's. In fact, I'm drinking some right now

Reeka, how big are the cups? I usually only drink 2-3 cups a day of varying teas, but the cups are pretty big, I can fit a fist easily into 'em
Old 09-08-2003, 05:07 AM   #9
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Chinese Tea (green tea) = [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Jasmine Tea (like Chinese Tea) = [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]