Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 01:55 PM   #1
KC_2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I started the Serpent Temple and went into the water usder the snake pits, and I killed the Unholy Filth and I cant break surface! It is like there is an invisible barrier blocking me. I can get the view above water and I get the "you take a breath" sound, but I continue to drown and am wegged in the passageway! Am I just screwed? Any way around this?

KC_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 01:59 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Unfortunately this happens to many players -

Try using your smallest character to get through.
Try squirming around (you probably have already).
Search through the threads here - there are others on this topic with some helpful hints.
You can get by without doing this bit of the Temple - the snake idol gets you the Book of Servants and if you know the answers (should be in the Best Tips thread) - you can skip getting the snake idol.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 02:00 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Also - Welcome to the board, KC_2!!!!

Wyv
Old 06-09-2001, 02:02 PM   #4
Rolp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This sounds almost like the stuck in floor problem.. try saving (not over something important) and then re-loading.
Rolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 02:52 PM   #5
KC_2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx Wyvern.

I got thru it.. I had to stay in turnbased mode with the filth and keep spinning around and strafing and everythign else. I managed to get thru by looking down, and a little to the left while strafing upwards. This took about 15 minutes to do. Crap, I wasnt going to stop until I got past that I was so peeved at it, lol!
KC_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 02:58 PM   #6
alz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had a simliar problem in the Caves. You were suppose to be able to jump off the last bridge into the river and swim down (where the *ahem* last dragon piece was placed) and get shot out into the waterfall area. But damned if my Whiska was too big to fit through the waterfall cave.

So I made the hole bigger, ha! I had a backup of that level, fired up the editor and carved it out (It was a pain though, I hardly remember any of the shortcut keys or how to use the editor).
alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 05:00 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats, KC_2!!!!

Delighted to hear that you finally got through!

Wyv

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 06:27 PM   #8
BLKCat
The Magister

That's good alz! I had a heck of time there... wish I would have had your editor! I tried and tried and tried to get out that hole... finally pushed enough buttons that I ended up in the little passageway backwards, had no idea how I managed to get there, and my priest was dead! BUT, we escaped and that was the good thing!

Glad you got through KC_2! I had some difficulty there also! Welcome to you by the way!

BLKCat

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
(Excerpt from "Neverwhere", by Neil Gaiman)
BLKCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 06:43 PM   #9
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

I can't help but to laugh because I got stuck there too. I am very glad to hear you wouldn't give up and that you got yourself out, KC_2! Bravo! Now, onward brave adventurer to the many battles that lay ahead of you. There are more horrible monsters to be slain that threaten all who venture in the Gael Serran.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote