Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2003, 03:07 AM   #1
Cataephract
Dungeon Master

I live on Terminal Island, in between the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. Most of the island is for cargo ships, but here in the back, where I live, is a prison, a coast guard base, and an INS detention center. Of course, things here are pretty tense, and today, for me, they got a lot more tense. I live in the prison staff housing, and walked out to check the mail. I noticed a bunch of the SORT team guys standing out there; they're sort of the prison's swat team, and they're always down here. Well, I'm walking to the mailbox near them, and one of our maintenance trucks comes down the way. Nothing unusual. It gets to within about twenty feet of them, when they start shooting at it! I jump behind a car, and all I can hear is the tap,tap,tap of the guns. I hear a tremendous BOOM!!!, and peek around the corner to see the whole area drenched in smoke. A guy steps out of the truck, and starts shooting back at them, and I duck down again, wondering what in the hell is going on! After a few seconds, everything is silent once again. I hear a truck pull near me, and I get real edgy and I'm ready to run. It's one of the security trucks, and the guard, in bullet-proof vest, helmet, and carrying a shotgun, steps out casually. I yell, "What the @#!% is going on!". He calmly says, "Son, this is just a drill. Nothing to curse about. Didn't you get the flyer?" I look over the car hood to see the SORT team guys patting each other on the back and shaking hands. I realize now that I'm covered in dirt and oil, and that my heart is going a mile a minute. I just start laughing, get up, and walk back to the house. On my door is the flyer, reminding us all not to go outside today. I've got a huge bruise on my chest now from when I dived behind the car, but I guess that's a lot better than what it could have been.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:23 AM   #2
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

That was a perfect drill: Now YOU have learned what to do next time, when it is NOT a drill

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane

BTW: I would have wet my pants if it had happened to me
Old 09-11-2003, 03:24 AM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

lol, and you silly, shouldn't you have seen the flyer?
Old 09-12-2003, 11:45 AM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Oh my that was one funny story. I do feel for ya.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:03 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

LOL! What a funny story... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 06:26 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

What a stunning story You mean that they left this info on a leaflet rather than a doorknock? was this place open to the genral public [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

I bet you don't forget this story in a while [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-13-2003, 06:33 AM   #7
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Man, that is awesome. We just can't get that kind of entertainment here in New Zealand.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:36 AM   #8
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Did they pay to replace the pair of pants you were wearing? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 07:59 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Whoa! I'm betting you used your Adrenaline quota for the year during that!
Old 09-13-2003, 12:24 PM   #10
Cataephract
Dungeon Master

I was very pleased with myself that I didn't wet myself, cry, become paralyzed with fear, etc. Will to survive, I guess. Yeah, the area isn't open to the public; it's hard for me to even get home sometimes. I watched them later, doing more drills, including a hostage taking scenario. The "terrorist" had only one line, that repeated like ten times, "One more move and the broad gets it!". It was hilarious