Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 10:25 AM   #21
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
i once helped a friend of mine who wanted to kill himself. i told him "go ahead and do it.. BUT before you do it, just think .. you can die anytime you want. because once youve done it.. its over. so live on first and think about this."
You said a great thing there. I'm going to remember that, and hopefully if any of my friends even think about it I'll tell them what you said. [/QUOTE]I think I'll do the same...

Except I'll pretend that I came up with it myself...
Old 02-11-2005, 10:26 AM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Callum:
Obiirusan?

For johnny?

biiru means beer, the O at the front makes it polite (the Japanese are very polite, even to something they are going to guzzle down very shortly [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and san means mister.

Or perhaps Inshaniwaikiru... Drink to live?
Alcohol is implied.
Arigotou gozai-masu.

I see you could teach me a thing or two. Good usernames btw, i'm afraid though there isn't any conversation in English going on there, so i need to brush up on my Japanese first.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:13 PM   #23
Violet
Manshoon

I hope Naoki has someone to look after his cat when he gets up the nerve to do himself in.

Seriously.

I have lost a couple of friends to suicide. There was no amount of counseling that could have helped either of them and they were very strong-willed individuals who, once they made the decision, never backed out or thought twice.

Suicide is selfish and people don't realize the pain they inflict on those who love them by taking their own lives.
But then again, there is the belief that everyone has their time and that suicides are lessons for the living. Something to think about.
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:01 AM   #24
Jani
Dungeon Master

Does anyone know if suicide rates are actually going up cause of sites like those? I´m pretty sure those individuals would have killed them self anyway. Now they just have someone to talk to beforehand. Like leaving a note.
Jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #25
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I lost my very close friend to suicide and there used to be days that I thought about it. looking back now, I am glad I never did. it is sad that people are using large websites to promote something like this. it is a whole new idea, afraid to die alone, so you find a group of people who will die with you. what is the world coming to?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

As I posted above re the egging on, just saw this article today, seemed to fit into this thread. Hey at least this guy got caught, and as far as anyone knows, nobody killed themselves.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/021...uicide_ap.html

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:32 AM   #27
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Sheesh....what a sick bastard. Glad they caught him.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:09 PM   #28
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Holy crap!! I agree with Johnny. Sick stuff. Killing their children first, is the most base thing here, to me.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #29
Spirits forever

whoa...creepy stuff...glad they cought him before anyone died or anything, is this related to the link i think kakero put up awhile back, it was suicide forums or somthin like that?

edit: itwasn't kakero, and it was johnny, and i just realized that this is that same thread...boy do i feel stupid...anyways...

is it related?

[ 02-14-2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Spirits forever ]