Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #181
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Nothing's changed, the downtimes are still very frequent. Yesterday i got booted out 7 or 8 times. I just got online 15 minutes ago, and already had the first IW downtime again. It's getting a little frustrating.
Same here.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:00 AM   #182
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Nothing's changed, the downtimes are still very frequent. Yesterday i got booted out 7 or 8 times. I just got online 15 minutes ago, and already had the first IW downtime again. It's getting a little frustrating.
Same here. [/QUOTE]*jumps on the bandwagon*
Old 04-24-2004, 06:06 AM   #183
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I dont know what the problem is over there guys, but its fine here, I can be on for 3 hours and no timeouts, what do you do when you get timeouts? Try resetting your net connection, that always works for me. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:29 PM   #184
vesselle
Hathor

in all my years here i've never had any problems with IW. and definitely no timeouts.

but then i've never used IE either. i'm a dedicated k-meleon user.

V***V
Old 04-24-2004, 05:58 PM   #185
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
I'd go as far as saying it is getting worse. It is not a 'peak-time' issue as far as I can see. I have come on IW at all times from early am to early pm and after a few browses to a few posts it will always time-out.

Yes, I realize we have members from all over the world all at different times but I can assure you, pick a time that is certainly not 'peak' and I can get the forums to time-out in a few minutes.
Yes, I agree with this. Ii happens for me at this time of day when it is quite busy, but also in my afternoon when the average number of visiters is lucky to be 20 for the whole site. It really doesn't seem to be a busy-ness related problem. And I have updated IE, and tried on Netscape as well with no improvements
Old 04-24-2004, 06:13 PM   #186
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

LOL would you believe I've just noticed this thread? My eyes are so used to skipping past the first 3 or so threads at the top of the list as they are usually always the same that I just missed this! Anyway, I haven't experienced any problems with IW recently. If you say it's to do with the browser then it must be cos I've been using Opera.

[ 04-24-2004, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 04-24-2004, 11:04 PM   #187
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Well, ever since I switch to Netscape 6.2 I never had any problems with IW anymore. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #188
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No problems here then again i'm not so much here either!
Old 04-27-2004, 06:47 AM   #189
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Just realised: the reason why this fix won't work. The patch fixes a problem with POST requests; IW uses GET requests.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:07 PM   #190
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Spirit Warrior, The site is busy most of the day and night. And bandwith IS tight at many times a day. I should know, I see the server logs.

Now that I see non IE users not having any issues, I think it's somehow an IE issue... But I don't know for SURE.

IE users-- try installing Opera or some other browser, and then connect to the internet. Reboot before, and don't even OPEN IE. Connect to the internet, and then surf IW for a long time.. See, if you use IE and it times out, and you close it out, then open another browser without rebooting, IE still has changed your internet settings for that session. So do the above, and let me know if you have any issues.. I have a feeling this may help, or even correct the problem somewhat.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album