Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2004, 07:41 PM   #141
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Maybe it's because I live Due-North of You "Z" and less than 500 miles but, I have never had a time out happen to me. I check IW 10 times A day every day sometimes I never turn it off. Infact I use it as my home page. My PC is on line 24-7 weather I'm home or not. In fact I'm used by Gamespot as a relay server so people can get faster download times.
I use windows XP Pro if that makes a difference.
Now most of the time I just read all the posts on all the forums and I've been watching this one since just after christmas and I notice one thing that everyone has in common.
This time out problem happens mostly after posting or trying to post or while trying multiple posts. Since I read 20 times more than I post this may be the reason I don't get timed out or haven't been yet.
Just wanted to add my 2 cents maybe it helps and then again maybe not.
Also I'm on cable Broad Band and don't have anything to do with satelite. A number of my close friends have Satelite and have the same problems that everyone here has been stateing with time outs from time to time and some daily.
I Know how to fix the problem!! everyone move to within 500 miles of "Z" and all the problems will be fixed.

[ 03-06-2004, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 03-07-2004, 06:56 AM   #142
Grojlach
Zartan

Been having problems like Link described all morning, only I should consider myself lucky to be able to reach IW for 5 minutes tops, before it goes down again for at least 30 minutes.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:26 PM   #143
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I have continued to have Page Cannot Be Displayed problems, just stopped posting in this thread about it, lest the thread be 100 pages long LOL. I get booted frequently, and daily. Frustrating cause it does it a lot when you are replying to a post, especially if you take too long replying.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-16-2004, 02:46 AM   #144
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
I Know how to fix the problem!! everyone move to within 500 miles of "Z" and all the problems will be fixed.
Let's all just move to Z, and talk to each other instead [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Still having them problems, btw.

[ 04-07-2004, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Gnarf ]
Old 03-16-2004, 08:07 AM   #145
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

well i havent had a problem yet today, but this is the first thread Ive viewed today and the first post Ive made today. About the same time last night I lost contact with IW.
Im on dial-up in australia.
I usually open 4-5 threads at once in separate windows, and start reading the first while the others come up, then reply to each in turn. Seems like it's usually about the 2nd reply on a bad day when timeouts start... on a good day I might get 4 successful posts

today Im trying one thread at a time

I was thinking... could it be some cookie setting and/or people's security settings ? or your security settings ?
Old 03-30-2004, 08:55 AM   #146
ryaldin
Elminster

Regularly every time I visit, it usually kicks me off for 10-15 minutes or so. I haven't taken the time to exactly count the seconds per se, but it seems pretty regular. The actual disconnects are random though, and occur irregularly from time to time. It's the standard 'Page Cannot be Displayed' Error. Anyways, I've taken to copying my postings everytime before hitting 'Add Reply'. it's not something we won't survive Z, don't worry [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 08:59 AM   #147
ryaldin
Elminster

And why don't you ever reply to our reports, Z? It would give you an opportunity to sp*m a little and catch up to Cloudy. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2004, 06:43 PM   #148
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Okay, I went in and did a little "housework" on my internet settings, and I have not had any timeouts or "play not displayed" in awhile

Hopefully, I did not just JINX myself

May the moon always shine upon your face, and your imagination soar to the heavens.... Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:28 PM   #149
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

AFAIK he can see the timeouts when he looks at the log but there's nothing that can be done save for changing hosts....
Old 04-06-2004, 06:44 PM   #150
andrewas
Harper

Is anyone else getting cascading javascript errors about one time in ten accessing an IW page? What happens is that it gives an error on line 246, then an error further on, then another line 246 error and so on, loads of em. Whenever it happens, the title tag of the page appears in plaintext at the top left, but as far as I can see, the actual source is intact.