Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 05:27 AM   #1
Link
Jack Burton

Hear ye, hear ye!

Come close and huddle together to witness this marvelous new Orb of Seeing, this unfathomable Sword of Clairvoyance. Gather 'round! Behold the truth of the future, catch of a glimpse of what is to come and tell it on and on and on. Let the word spread from here to the edges of the Earth and beyond! Leave no man (or woman) uninformed about the coming wonders in the land we love most -- The Land of Games!

Just a fancy idea of mine, really. I thought it would come in handy if I would post an updateable thread where I would keep you guys informed about all upcoming PC expansion packs for existing games. If it's a success I might expand it myself by incorporating the follow-ups as well, but that's something for the future I guess.
Also, I'm limiting myself to PC games for the moment. Once people start screaming for console games, then I might consider it, but until that time it's a no-no [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Just scroll over the headers to find the genre of your liking and I'll try to keep things updated as good as I can.

ROLEPLAYING GAMES

[img]graemlins/check.gif[/img] Sacred Underworld

Release Date: April 2005

Underworld is the first retail expansion pack to the hack 'n slash hit RPG Sacred, which will not only offer 2 new characters (Dwarf and Succubus) but also continue the storyline where Sacred left the player.

Ancaria, the world in which Sacred is set in, will also see expansion as it will be increased at least 40% in size and adding new foes, new NPCs, weapons, quests and many more additional features making this expansion pack a must for any Sacred fan!

Visit the website to learn more about this upcoming beauty!

Some screenshots:

[img]graemlins/check.gif[/img] Asheron's Call: Throne of Destiny

Release Date: April 2005

Although it's a MMORPG and there's little known about the expansion pack, still some information about this upcoming title.Throne of Destiny will be the second expansion pack for the popular online roleplaying game, Asheron's Call, following in the footsteps of the earlier released Dark Majesty expansion pack.
Both expansion packs are not necessary to play the game, but do add more depth: Dark Majesty gives you a new island and allows you to buy a house.

Visit the website for more information!

Some screenshots:

[img]graemlins/check.gif[/img] Star Wars Galaxies Episode III -- Rage of the Wookiees

Release Date: May 5, 2005

Following Jump To Lightspeed, this will be Star Wars Galaxies' second expansion pack. The massive MMORPG in the well-known Star Wars universe gets even larger with loads of new features. Get to know things about planets in Episode III two weeks prior to the movie's release!

* Explore Kashyyyk - the home planet of the Wookiees is being added as an entirely new adventure planet and space zone
* Adventure through over 100 story-driven quests - Join the Wookiees in their fight for freedom against their Imperial-supported Trandoshan slavers or support the Empire in their mission of quelling the spread of the Rebellion!
* Visit and discover several points of interest and adventure zones including the Wookiee-run tree cities, Trandoshan-controlled slave camps and the safari lands of the affluent Rodians
* Pilot new starships inspired by the motion picture Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith including Anakin's Jedi Starfighter model
* Enhance your character with radical new cybernetic parts that add special abilities and improve your performance in combat
* Embark on daring new space mining missions to recover precious raw materials for sale to ground-based crafters. Surviving slews of pirates will provide unprecedented economic opportunities
* And experience the all new combat system featuring new weapons, new armor, new effects and an all new user-interface to make combat even more engaging and fun!

Find out more about this title on the official website!

Some screenshots

[img]graemlins/check.gif[/img] Asheron's Call 2: The Legions

Release Date: May 2005

Not only the original Asheron's Call seems to be well in demand. With the MMORPG scene flourishing as ever, Asheron's Call 2 too is moving right there in the middle of the stream. The popular world of Dereth gets its first expansion with The Legions, unleashing loads of new features upon the vast community. It promises to be good!

Check out the website and the game's FAQ for more information.

Some screenshots:

STRATEGY GAMES (RTS - TBS)

[img]graemlins/check.gif[/img] X2: The Return

Release Date: September 2005

X2: The Return enhances the already extensive universe -- set by the original X: Beyond the Frontier, and X2: The Threat games -- with additional missions, weapons systems and space sectors. A complete new storyline adds further tension. Newcomers will enjoy the additions to the already graphically impressive, almost living X2-Universe, while veterans can expect new construction options and an improved physics model.

If you're interested, check out the website for more information!

Some screenshots:

[img]graemlins/check.gif[/img] Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- Winter Assault

Release Date: November 2005

Less is known about the upcoming expansion pack for Dawn of War, but it's a fact that it will be featuring a deeper single player experience and even more intense Dawn of War action, and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault will also include a brand new, fifth race – The Imperial Guard. This all bodes very well for the RTS gamers.

There's little more information to add, but just for the people interested I will provide the link to the Dawn of War website.

-- No screenshots available right now --

To be updated soon with new categories and titles

[ 03-14-2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Link ]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:38 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Do you want us to add our own? Or is this your thread? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:53 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

X2: The Return looks great! I'm currently playing The Threat again. Great game.

Not much info is available on Dawn of War: Winter Assault, but it is still good enough news to post here.

Those are my two... for now
Old 03-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

This is just the big 'expansion pack' thread. You guys as well as me keep it updated, and I just make sure the first post of the thread doesn't hold invalid information.

If you find out about some new expansion pack, just post about it here and I'll update the first post. Also, discuss all you like about upcoming expansion packs of your favorite games!

Old 03-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Elder Scroll 4 : Oblivion. link

more link

Look very nice, the screenshot I mean. Should be better than Morrowind. Be prepared for another huge jump in game spec requirement.

Final Fantasy 12

link

Should be another great sequel to the Final Fantasy series. I'm really excited about it. The screenshot ( in game I hope ) look marvelous.

edit : I think it should be a "sequel" rather than "expansion pack" ? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 03-14-2005, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:36 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Those are sequels, not expansion packs. There's a difference in those Note the difference between the expansion pack "Tales of the Sword Coast" and the sequel "Shadows of Amn".
Or, for your case (because you're very Morrowind-orientated) the difference between Oblivion and Bloodmoon/Tribunal.

It's not that I don't want to give any attention to sequels, far from it, but expansion packs is what I started with. Keep it small, then expand a little, that's my strategy. If you guys want a complete follow-up directory in post 1, then I'll do it. But it takes a loooot of time

Old 03-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Newsflash!!! X2: The Return has been oficially cancelled... but! Despair not, simple olk, for a new king is on the horizon! In it's stead, the sequel X3: The Reunion has been heralded, and it looks to be the one prophesized!