Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #251
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Bas, Anne, Tamora, Lorath, "Spot"

Anne had apparently slipped into a coma from shock when her position as chief negotiator was usurped by Lorath. While she stood, immobile, in the clearing, a bird landed on her head and inspected her hair for anything edible, catching a few bugs that had gotten stuck there while marching through the jungle.

No cannibal midgets with sharp implements came for Bas, leaving him just standing at the edge of the group with a firm grip on his rod and a strained expression on his face.

Around them, the night was taking over in earnest, beyond the edge of the clearing it was almost completely impossible to make out anything in the darkness, and the sun had long since abandoned the sky.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #252
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

Tamora frowned slightly at the “these people” but answered simply. “We met on the road some weeks ago and have been travelling together. For myself I am here to travel and explore and am happy to offer what guidance and protection I can to whoever needs it.” She shifted her weight from side to side slightly uncomfortably - her leg still ached a little when she was distracted. “Forgive my ignorance of your customs. Is there some reason why you cannot exchange your name, people and purpose with me?”

[ 07-04-2007, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Old 07-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #253
Reynolds
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"You can call me Spot. I don't think anyone needs to be spreading my name around." She hmphs. "Unlike you...explorers...people actually know who I am around here." She examines the group, noticing the late hour.

"It's getting dark. I've got a fire going...might wanna push the dead meat aside unless one of you knows how to preserve it. This looks like a good place to camp." She grins. "Unless you mind sharing a campsite with all those stiffs."

She starts to walk over to where she's set up some of the various halflings' equipment to make a respectable bed. "Can always go running around once it's bright out..."
Old 07-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #254
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

"Well, you've already got a fire set up, so we might as well stay here." Lorath began dragging some of the corpses away from the camp, hoping that the others would join in and help these efforts too. "Don't want to get attacked in the night by some scavengers," he muttered as he was doing it to nobody in particular. Unfortunately he didn't have any skill in preserving meat, but it wasn't too likely that the dead halflings or the other creatures would be too palatable.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #255
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas forced himself to relax as he watched the others settle in around the fire. The situation seemed under control, the halfling appeared to be friendly, and with the exception of a lone monkey nothing had attacked him. He took a deep breath and began to search for a secluded spot to sit and meditate away from the corpses and party. He hoped that touching the spirit of this place would calm him fully.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:25 AM   #256
dplax
Jack Burton

Anne

The former thief eyed the halfling with suspicion. Getting them nicely settled in around the fire would provide a perfect opportunity for friends of hers to ambush them, if they planned to do so. She glanced at Tamora, before looking to the halfling again.

"For all we know, you may not be alone. We have seen other members of your race in this world and I would not be quick to trust one of you. How do we know that we are safe here?"
Old 07-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #257
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

Tamora saw Bas heading off to find a place of meditation and rushed to join him before he settled. It was too long since she had mediated in nature herself she realised, other than the form of mediation she took instead of sleep when they camped. Catching up with Bas she smiled as the druid turned to face her. “Learned One, my apologies for disturbing you but I wish to ask – the Learned among my people have the power to judge the worth of a person’s character and weigh the truth of their words. Can I ask? Do you have this ability? I am concerned about Spot.” She paused as if considering her own words. “I do not know if the halflings’ reputation is justified and know least if what Balth told us of them is true but we have trusted to easily before.” She trailed off and waited for the druid’s response.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #258
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
"Learned One," Bas whispered to himself, his gaze set far away. He shook his head and then seemed to notice Tamora waiting for a response. He forced a tight-lipped smile.

"I'm sorry, Hunter. My thoughts were elsewhere. I can check and see if Spot tends toward good or evil, at least. Give me one moment."

The druid faced Spot and took a deep breath, centering himself before casting a know alignment spell. He will attempt to make the casting as inconspicuous as possible to avoid alarming the halfling.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #259
Reynolds
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spot settled down on her rolled out bedding, merely setting her broad hat aside. She looks ready to sleep in her boots and armor, which might not be a bad idea in this area. The halfling grunts at the human's questions. "The only 'members of my race' I've seen in days are in a pile over there. And we're probably not safe." She grins. "So, sleep lightly. I suggest someone stand guard."

As she starts to slip into her scrounged bedding, the ranger and druid concern themselves with her motivations. She definately doesn't seem evil...or all that good. Just concerned with getting paid for doing a good job, and spending that money on fairly mundane, legal things.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:38 AM   #260
dplax
Jack Burton

Anne

"I'll take first watch then," she said, trying to find a spot on the ground where there wasn't too much gore and blood from the dead bodies. Finding a suitable spot she settled down, the dagger she had taken from the thri-keen lying on her lap.
Closed Thread