Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #151
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas glanced at the map and used his finger to point out a triangle to the east of their position.

"Once we are ready to move, I would like to head east in the hopes of finding more clues to the exodus of this land's druids. Perhaps if we head for that mark, we will discover a village or settlement where we can learn more. At the very least, we will be heading in the direction I want to go while avoiding further treks into deep wilderness."
Old 05-06-2007, 07:07 AM   #152
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

Tamora explained to Balth how they had come to have the map. “The lost erdlu we adopted had a satchel around its neck containing this map. I have been thinking about these triangles. With our own experiences of the jungle and with the attack on the clearing they seem wide ranging and I wonder now if they might mark the locations of the halfling villages. They seem numerous and I can see now why a route would do well to avoid them.”

She listened to Bas’ thoughts then looked up at the sun runner. “That’s the wrong way for you Balth as I understand it but,” here she smiled, “I don’t really know why you were in the wilderness. Is it just for the sake of travel? I could understand that but something you said before makes me think you wanted to move nearer to your people . . ?” her voice trailed off and her inflection turned her spoken thoughts into a question.

She looked over to the Shaman, still tending to the others, then back to Bas. “I was thinking of requesting communication with the Great Sage – I would ask more about my experiences in the cliff and if he knows of the spirit of that place that spoke to me. Would you be prepared to do so now?”
Old 05-07-2007, 04:31 AM   #153
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: sneaking in a post between two exams, when any extra studying is hopeless anyway...

Anne

"I would have to agree with Tamora, Bas. It does seem likely to me that if that trail represented on the map avoids all of those triangles, they might be halfling villages. If we plan to approach one of them, then caution would have to be at the utmost."
Old 05-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #154
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

"I told you before, Tamora," said Balth, sounding a shade annoyed, "My tribe was forced to find a new home, and since that ended us up on the edge of this jungle, we sent scouts to see what dangers were there, and whether it might be a better home than the barren lands to the west, not much of a mystery there."

"I'm not averse to travelling with you, not even east, away from my people, but at some point I will have to return, and since I'll likely be making that return trip on my own, I'd prefer not to be too far away. There are enough dangers between here and my tribe as it is."

"What is this sage you speak of? You haven't mentioned it before. But I agree with your idea, it is never wise to plunge into the unknown blindly if you can illuminate the way first."
Old 05-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #155
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

Tamora looked confused for a moment at Balth’s response before something close to comprehension dawned. “I’m sorry Balth. I do remember now you said something similar.” She paused as if unsure what to say and looked down at her slightly elongated fingers – still strange to her eyes although she had regained her co-ordination well it seemed. “I would like to meet your people sometime. Maybe we could travel there together one day if fate wills it. As for the great sage, it lives among the tribes here and converses with those that touch it mind to mind much like the shaman does. It’s . . . Well, I don’t think I should discuss it further. The tribes here keep it safe I believe and it is not my secret to tell. But if the shaman allows it I will ask to consult it. I did not do so before as I was afraid but no longer. If she agrees then you will see for yourself.”
Old 05-10-2007, 01:36 AM   #156
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas nodded at Tamora's suggestions.

"If you think it's best to avoid those spots, that is fine by me. While you meet with the sage I will go meditate and attempt to order my thoughts. So much has happened, I could use some time alone."

The druid glanced at the others, and if there were no objections, he will exit the tent and look for a space at the edge of the camp to sit and meditate.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #157
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

Tamora walked over to Lorath and put a hand on his shoulder “I am going to ask the shaman if I can consult the great sage. Will you join me and can you tell me what it was like before?” Once he’s answered she will move closer to the shaman waiting for her to finish her doctoring and then request communication by gesturing mind to mind respectfully before making her request.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #158
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Bas

No one stopped Bas from stepping outside, and the lizardmen outside, while not friendly, did at least not give him any trouble, and he made it to the edge of the camp without being subject to anything more than a jostle that seemed more like an accident than on purpose.

At the treeline he easily managed to find a secluded area behind a few trees where he could meditate in peace, but which wasn't far enough away that something coming out of the jungle could make a meal of him without him being able to call for help or it being otherwise noticed.

The local spirits seemed mildly agitated compared to the ones he'd communed with elsewhere in the jungle, firstly the large relocation of lizardmen seemed to have upset them, and on top of that, they didn't like the thing in the lake. It seemed like it profoundly disturbed them, and Bas could gather that there was something not right about it.

That seemed to be about as forthcoming as the spirits were going to be, however, for beyond that they left him to his thoughts.

Anne, Tamora, Lorath, Balth

"Well, why not go visit my people right now?" Balth said, in reply to Tamora, "There's a mountain range to the east, it'll probably be a work and a half to get over, and the elders of my tribe may know the answers to some of your questions. It would be a shame to cross those mountains if our elders could have told you there was nothing worthwhile to be found there, wouldn't it?"

"We're a nomadic people, but I think I have an idea of where the others should be."

Meanwhile, the lizardman shaman finished tending to Ulik and Jarval as best as she could and paid attention to Tamora's pantomime as well as the following request. Unfortunately, her reply was a shake of the head, "The assembled chiefs and wise men are consulting the Sage before making their decision, it knows more about humans and elves than they do. Perhaps in a week, if the peace holds, you could commune with it, but something tells me you would prefer to be on the move before then." She made a few apologetic remarks and then excused herself, saying there were some injured huners she had to attend to.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #159
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

The young hunter had responded with a genuine smile to Balth’s offer and suggestion of taking them to meet his tribe. Although apparently more open than her own she still regarded it as a real honour. She had inclined her head gratefully and thanked him warmly. In truth she was intrigued to go but equally she was drawn to the forest and had no fears of the hardships of crossing the mountains. And then there was her duty to Bas as she saw it. She judged that Anne would be happy anywhere but who could say what Lorath and Evon would wish? Their apparent desire for treasure was something she didn’t share and had already split the previous group. She had hoped the great sage could have provided some insight but that was not to be. She sighed and spoke generally.

“I don’t suppose we will be travelling anywhere during what is left of today but it would be good to have a direction of travel decided before nightfall. I would not wish to tax our welcome here and besides,” she paused her and grinned, “there’s a whole new world to see.” That said she returned to her gear and checked through it, paying particular attention to any maintenance required for her bow and arrows. She listened with distaste to Lorath’s account of the creatures and in turn related what they had learned about the mantis men from their encounter with Balth’s attacker. After a while she finished her work and just sat reflecting on her experiences so far.

OOC: If Bas hasn’t returned before it gets dark she’ll go out to look for him.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #160
dplax
Jack Burton

Anne

Anne was glad for the decision to stay in the lizard's village for the night. Safety was in numbers and here among the lizardmen, she could probably have the safest sleep that she had had ever since she set foot in this new world.

Anne settled down not too far away from Tamora and pulled the blanket she had gotten closer on her shoulders, settling in comfortably.

OOC: if Tamora goes to look for Bas, Anne shall follow her.
Closed Thread