Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 01:24 PM   #11
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

I woke up this morning and gave my beloved fiance Cloudy a [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] .

That puts a smile on my face *EVERY* morning!!

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 01-28-2003, 01:27 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wonderful idea, Masklinn.

Moiraine, that's so wonderful. I remember you telling me about the special treatment that was possible, but I didn't realize Zeb had NO or almost no signs of the illness anymore! WHOOOHOOO!

OK, so I'm a cat person. [img]graemlins/kittynow.gif[/img]

Speaking of which, I had a wonderful moment the other day. I was sitting at my computer, checking IW and my email and thinking how tired and out of sorts I felt and how cold it has been around here for weeks on end, when I turned around to see one of my orange kitties sound asleep in the rocker I inherited from my grandmother when she died this past summer. My kitty was on her side, paws straight out in front and back and she was so incredibly COMFORTABLE there, it just made me smile and I thought "How sweet, my grandmother would love this." It felt so 'homey' and warm. [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit: awww, I see Nacht has posted [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] Should I embarass him and tell you about the incrdibly sentimental moment I had last night? [img]smile.gif[/img] He and I were in my study, where I was finishing up some posts here at IW, when we got to talking and one of the things we noted was this thread (but I was too tired to post then) and looking at Nacht as he spoke, I just felt inspired to look straight into his incredibly gorgeous eyes and tell him that no matter what was going on at work or in our own lives...no matter how irritable I was feeling or any other bad thing that might occur, all I had to do was look into his eyes and see how very much he loves me and I feel terrific....nothing else matters. [img]smile.gif[/img] And I think I'll always feel that way. [img]graemlins/lovestory2.gif[/img]

[ 01-28-2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-28-2003, 01:45 PM   #13
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good things? Hmmm. I got the Machine of Lum the Mad to give my favorite BGII character, Imoen, 100,000 free experience points. That had me smiling for a few hours. My four-year-old son, Will, was telling me about a "red bird, with a red beak," that he saw out of the computer room window. That made me smile as well as wonder where he learned the word, "beak." Then, that very afternoon, as I was pulling out of our driveway after lunch, I saw a bluebird amongst the sparrows that flew off, like a sapphire in a sea of muddy brown. I was so thrilled that I called Galadria from the office to tell her about it. My knee has stopped hurting. I have lost 10 pounds on my New Year's diet. That is about all that I can think of.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:45 PM   #14
Masklinn

Thx guys, thx a lot (edit : all of you !) [img]smile.gif[/img]

*Masklinn feels way better now*

[ 01-28-2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Masklinn ]
Old 01-28-2003, 01:54 PM   #15
Masklinn

Oh and please keep the posts coming !

This thread is a smiles factory really [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 02:39 PM   #16
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

The sun was shining today and it was a lot warmer than it has been and we're supposed to get some rain, and not snow. A very beautiful day.

What a nice thread Masklinn.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:53 PM   #17
Sir Exxon
Zartan

A very good topic, Masklinn. [img]smile.gif[/img] A good break from all the terrible things happening in the world at the moment. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Today've been a good day for me. The snow is finally starting to melt, as we finally got some good, warm weather today. I also got my gradebook back, and it was filled with mainly B's. So I surely see no reason to not be alive with pleasure today. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-29-2003, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]
Old 01-28-2003, 03:01 PM   #18
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Got a better job, to which I'm moving in a few weeks. Yawp.
More pay, I'll finally be able to make payments on my student loans without forebearing anymore. Yawp Yawp.
Found out I have free basic cable in my building this week. Rah!
Warmed up enough to snow in CHicago, and it just began falling. Rah Rah!
Playing D&D this weekend. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Pulled off the ulimate coup of starting an abortion thread that has gone for 4 full pages without a single flame. [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]

Sometimes I like to stop and smell the roses.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:12 PM   #19
Rokenn
Galvatron

My gf and I have been taking West Coast Swing lessons for the last three weeks and already have people complementing us on our dancing [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 03:41 PM   #20
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I feel absolutely wonderful today, coincedentally. I broke up with my girlfriend three weeks ago which was actually a blessing in disguise - I feel so free and unrestricted once again. So there's that, the fact that my classes are going very well this semester, and that I'm meeting lots of great new people and having a good time in general. I've also been getting out into nature, and just stopping to look at some of the beautiful views and wonderful places the state of Maine has to offer. I often just hop into my car and go for a drive to see some really pretty forest or shoreline, or anything really...

Great thread, Maklinn! [img]smile.gif[/img]