Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 04:35 AM   #21
GoblinZ
Dungeon Master

Would ya all please just quit this?

This argument has been full of misunderstandings and unnecessary rudeness on all parts, people defending their position now with anything but an apology are giving this all an smell of childish ignorance of their own faults.
GoblinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:03 AM   #22
Lavindathar
Harper

I probably am being childish.

But just because Elfbane has a sense of humour, he shouldn't get warned.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:43 AM   #23
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

I haven't seen such a display of childishness on here in a long time! I'm rathering enjoying it... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Perhaps a better course of action would have been to remind the new person of the ettiquette around here rather than abusing him back and being much more petulant than he was in the first place.

Everyone knows around here, rules are rules and they are enforced, for the good of all. It has been said before if you don't like it, don't use the forum.

Quote:
Be Nice: No posting of material that antagonizes, harasses or creates hostility toward another user or group of. If you are angry with someone in the forum, take it up with him/her through private channels like e-mail or PM or ICQ in a respectful manner.

Be Polite:...respect each person's views and questions--this includes attacks on NEW users.
Clearly personal insults are NOT tolerated on IW.

Which brings me on to my next point...
Quote:
About the Moderators: They are kind folks who volunteer their free time to help me maintain this forum and keep it clean of abuse. Note the emphasis on "volunteer" and "free time." Forum moderating is always hard work, and it's impossible to please everyone given the cultural and social diversity of this forum. Do not question the decisions they may make--not Publicly at least.
Dundee was not 'throwing his weight around,' but enforing the rules. Don't make his job difficult, he's trying to do his best for all of us.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:19 AM   #24
Lavindathar
Harper

No need to lecture me. I've been on here long enough to know "the rules".

But, and I get on with all the moderators, and they are all nice folk. But, they have to draw a line between being an authoritive figure for the good of the forum, and making things worse by handing out undeserved warnings.

People have a sense of humour, and I prefer a forum where people are allowed to use it.

Dundee should have closed this topic a long time ago, and it's obvious this argument is going to go on until it is closed.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:43 AM   #25
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
No need to lecture me. I've been on here long enough to know "the rules".

But, and I get on with all the moderators, and they are all nice folk. But, they have to draw a line between being an authoritive figure for the good of the forum,

fair enough, but if you think they are drawing they are drawing the line in the wrong place, PM them. I have seen alot of unnecessary trouble on forums because of arguing with mods, we shouldn't let it begin

and making things worse by handing out undeserved warnings.

he did break the rules, you can't really argue witht he warning, you can only disagree with the rules, and it was Z who made them, not Dundee

People have a sense of humour, and I prefer a forum where people are allowed to use it.

the remark was clealry not made in a humourous/sarcastic/bantering way, it was meant to be insulting, or at least that is how it came across

Dundee should have closed this topic a long time ago, and it's obvious this argument is going to go on until it is closed.

I guess we'll agree to differ, as I don't want to continue to hi-jack this thread with petty bickering. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In response to the question, I don't believe there is a list of known bugs as it was only taken to its beta stage, and as has been mentioned, most people would only install it in the circumstances mentioned, which don't occur with may people, so it is unlikely whether there are many individual accounts of problems either.

[ 07-19-2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Aragorn1 ]
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #26
TinyMage
Dungeon Master

Alright, for Lavindanthar and others who keep harping on this:

Yes, I have had load time problems in the past. I just never bothered installing the beta patch before, because I didn't want to deal with any potential bugs it might introduce ( this game is buggy enough already ).

But this time I said "what the heck" I'll try it out and see if it helps.

But again, this all had nothing to do with my question.

I hope you now understand.

I really shouldn't have included that whole story, but I thought it gave good background for the 2 bugs I ran into.

[ 07-19-2005, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: TinyMage ]
TinyMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:56 AM   #27
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I probably am being childish.

But just because Elfbane has a sense of humour, he shouldn't get warned.
The reason why I warned ElfBane is because his post was unnecessarily hostile. If it was made with the intent to humour, the message was not conveyed very well. Resorting to name calling under such circumstances is just adding fuel to the fire.

Bottomline is, I do not, and cannot, take sides.

As for thread closure, this thread is still salvagable, but whether it will be depends on the future action of the participants.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:10 PM   #28
GoblinZ
Dungeon Master

To return on topic...

I encountered the "No Saving here!" bug again yesterday.
Again in the Temple District.

But now i can say for sure i´ve only got the, ehatever it was called non-beta patch installed.
Along with balderdash and several mods.

And i was playing with an beefed up character. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
GoblinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #29
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK

Could there possibly be some way(patch-wise) as to how you could circumvent the unable to save(monsters, whatnot)?

HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:47 PM   #30
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, best way is this:

TinyMage : I apologise
Dundee : I apologise
Elfbane : I thought you were being funny [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

And, as far as I am aware, there is no known list of bugs that the patch can cause.