Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2003, 01:19 AM   #1
CheeseMan
Dungeon Master

I made a new character who looks like this:

True Neutral Male Human Fighter

S=15
D=16
C=18
I=3
W=14
Ch=18

**Large Swords **Missile Weapons

I want to dual him to a druid but it won't let me. Anyone know why????
Thanks in advance.

[ 10-16-2003, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: CheeseMan ]
CheeseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 01:44 AM   #2
kartetse
The Magister

I think that you are not meeting the requirements for minimum wisdom (I meant to say) for a druid.

New to this but I'm right on this one, methinks.

Kartetse

[ 11-04-2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: kartetse ]
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 01:46 AM   #3
CheeseMan
Dungeon Master

I just figured it out, it was the Wisdom, it has to be at least 17.
CheeseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:44 PM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

Cheeseman,

There is an excellent thread on building a DC Fighter/Druid in the thread entitled "Druid Questions (Weapons and Spells)" (or some name really close to that). The rest of this message is an excerpt from one of my posts near the end of the conversation.

Oh, I DCed Druulf over to Druid at Fighter 10 (intended to dual over at Fighter 9, but screwed up). Anyway, this guy rocks!

Aaccckk!! The requirements keep coming! Yes, Dundee, I believe you do need 2 over the prime requisite for the class you are dualing to. (I have the alignment thing right, though.) Now I am 4 ability points short of my dream, instead of 2.

I can hear that hollow Dale Keeper voice calling: "Ni-i-ick, N-n-n-i-i-i-i-i-i-c-ck, it's only 4 ability points. Ni-i-i-i-ck, give in to the da-a-a-r-rk si-i-i-ide!" Maybe I will try to re-roll him after the fact, and hack in whatever I can get; but a roll of 92+ for a fighter?? That's going to be tough.... Assuming I don't do this, and using info from Dundee (thanks!) my rationale goes like this....

The question to be answered is: "Is this guy going to be a tank?" And my answer is, "Yes." Therefore CON is more important than STR (but need STR at least 15 to wear best armor), and DEX (much more important than I had imagined) is more important than CON; because a 4 point bonus to armor class is worth at least 5 HP/level. Need CHA at least 17 in order to dual over. Very much want to maximize full potential of Druid, so WIS = 18. Lore, SCHMORE! I have a Mage with identify spells and a rockin' good Bard. Don't need no mo' INT....

So, the latest spread for Druulf would be:

STR = 18/30 --> 14
DEX = 9 ------> 18
CON = 18 -----> 18
INT = 8 ------> 3
WIS = 17 -----> 18
CHA = 18 -----> 17

I *think* I can go that low on STR. Whew! Looks ugly, but looks like Druulf has a workable ability set. This *IS* roleplay, after all, and Superman is not supposed to be one of the available roles. Any extra points Druulf might get on a re-roll, I'll hack into STR. Until then, he'll just have to find something to wear to give an extra point of STR to wear best armor. Looks like he'll have to start drinking those STR potions, too, instead of selling them; and the mage will need to memorize STR spells.

Heh, heh, Dundee; I can't help but chuckle when I see how close my build is to the one you originally suggested. BUT now *I* know why! Hey, why did you have INT=4 and WIS=17 instead of INT=3 and WIS=18?

Thanks for all the help!

What's a party,
Without a song?
Bard's ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 10-16-2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 08:46 AM   #5
Spur
Welcomed New User

I can see you start as a fighter.

You need 2 things.
1) Alignment must be true neutral
2) Fighters prime requisites must be atleast 15
Druids prime requisites must be 17 or above

In your case:
strenght : 15 or above
Wisdom : 17 or above
Charisma : 17 or above

I hope this will help [img]smile.gif[/img]
Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 05:09 PM   #6
Roboghost
Manshoon

RE: DC Druid

I thought about this one a bit.

Since the Druid can Shapechange, it would be better to DC a Cleric. If you DC a Fighter to a Cleric at level 9, then you get that Fighter at 450,000 points, but it takes 125,000 for the Druid to get at the Fighter.

You can actually make your cleric (besides the fighter/defensive roll) your high Charisma character as well. You can buy a "Friends" amulet to get that Charisma up there past a Druids'. A roll of 95 or better will do it:

15 (minimum-boost to 19 with a belt in IWD)
18 (maximum)
16 (minimum-boost to 18 with armor in HoW)
10 (minimum needed best reaction)
18 (Cleric!)
18 (maximum)

Now you have a 1-2-3 punch character in one.

Now roll your Druid: a roll of 95 or better will do it:

18 (maximum)
18 (maximum-19 if you go Elf, but will need a 96 roll)
16 (minimum)
10 (minimum-for NPCs)
18 (Druid!)
15 (minimum)

This Druid can now be mostly about offense.

I screwed up. I'm playing a high Charisma Druid and just a DC Fighter/Cleric. I may start over (for the 1000th time)! Bottom line: take one of each priest and you'll need'em a 95 roll or better on each. I wish they would have a little box in the corner totaling all those points up! That would be too easy--wouldn't it?
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote