Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2002, 08:21 AM   #1
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

Does nayone know where it is, i qould quite like to create some items for my game as i have completed Icewind dale and Heart of Winter and am waiting for Icewind Dale 2. So i need something to do in my spare time
Old 10-01-2002, 08:30 AM   #2
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlak The Axeman:
Does nayone know where it is, i qould quite like to create some items for my game as i have completed Icewind dale and Heart of Winter and am waiting for Icewind Dale 2. So i need something to do in my spare time
Hi! Welcome to the Ironworks again! And, welcome to the Escape Forums as well!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Anyway, I think I can link you later. Someone else might do it before me though! You need IEEP to create items, you import the items with DaleKeeper!

I'll tell you later!
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 09:46 AM   #3
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Welcome, Charlak! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Dalekeeper can be downloaded at the bottom of this web page.
Old 10-01-2002, 10:28 AM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Item creation is very much a separate issue. You'd best go to the TeamBG site and have a look at the tools and tutorials section. That should get you started.

You'll need the 'Infinity Engine Editor Pro' (IEEP) at least, and you would be well served in getting the 'BIF Extractor', as well as 'Near Infinity', or the 'Infinity Explorer'. It'll take a while for you to figure out what's going on, and I'll be there right beside you learning too, as I've only recently started!
Old 10-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #5
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Brass:
You'd best go to the TeamBG site
I agree.

To Charlak:
I can teach you how to make items. Download DaleKeeper and IEEP (Infinty Engine Editor Pro) and come round to my house, I'll show you the basics, and I'll give you some HWK! I'll show you how to use Infinity Angine Aditor Pro (Royle? ).
Old 10-01-2002, 04:38 PM   #6
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Ah ha! Well then DJG, you might be the person to ask. 'Mind Blank' (the spell and not my mental state). Does the bl**dy thing work in IWD or not? I suspect the later.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:13 AM   #7
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Brass:
Ah ha! Well then DJG, you might be the person to ask. 'Mind Blank' (the spell and not my mental state). Does the bl**dy thing work in IWD or not? I suspect the later.
Sorry, I am a BGII'er!

Whilst I do own IWD I don't play it much. However, I'll download DaleKeeper and extract the spell Mind Blank, and open it in the IEEP IWD screen. I'll check if it actually does anything.

The only reason I came here is because I know Charlak, he lives near me.

Lord Brass, I'll do what I can.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:13 PM   #8
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Thanks mate. I have equipped it to a character in IWD via Dalekeeper, but the spell seems to have no effect when you cast it. Also, the .ITM parameters must not be finished, as I couldn't right=click on the scroll and check to see what the spell "was".

Maybe its me, but when I did try to identify what it was, the game would crash to desktop every time.

[ 10-02-2002, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]