Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2003, 02:40 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> Just started the first of a series of adventure Books written by Jack B. Du Brul.

The first book Vulcan's Forge as been very good so far. Has anybody else read any books by this auther. Here is the description on the back of Vulcan's Forge: (any spelling mistakes is a result of my typing)
</font>

It begins deep beneath the Pacific Ocean, were a nuclear bomb strikes at the fiery hot heart of the earth. Churning spewing boiling lava, a volcano rises with unnatural speed from the ocean floor - the source of a new mineral that promises clean, limitless nuclear power.

It continues in hot spots around the globe: Hawii, were a secsesionist movement is about to turn violent and the American Army may be asked to fire on U.S. citizens; Washington , D.C., were the subway system becomes the site of a running gun battle; the Far East, were disrupted diplomatic negotiations jeopardize world peace, a rogue Russian submarine, circling the infant volcano.

Caught in the middle is Philip Mercer, a geologist and a one-time commando with shady contacts in all the right (or is it wrong) places. When Mercer learns that the daughter of an old friend is being kept under armed guard in a local hospital, he vows to rescue her, not knowing that this is the first step in unraveling the fantastic secret of ....

Vulcan's Forge

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> Has some element's of an Ian Flemming novel but I never liked his writing style and found his books were short with not much detail.</font>

[ 12-24-2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> So far I have read the following:
1. Vulcan's Forge
2. Charon's Landing
3. The Medusa Stone
4. Pandora's Curse
5. River of Ruin (Currently Reading)

So far my favorite as been Pandora's Curse. River of Ruin as started really good, with lots of action from the start but I doubt it will be as good as Pandora's Curse. I wonder if there are other novels in this series?</font>

[ 09-27-2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:57 AM   #3
Gxc
Elminster

I havent heard anything about those series of book till now.. Im not sure if there is any other novels in this series but maybe ill read one of these book because i havent found any good book lately that ive finished..