Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 12:18 PM   #51
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

I completly agree Coyote, the non-smokers are the ones that are makinga big stink out of this. we have to set here everyday and hear you guys go on and on about how much you hate smokers and how bad it is for your health. Hey, i think we already know its bad for you, and im pretty sure we don't really care. i am a curtious smoker. i do it with respect. I try to make my smoking addiction as unburdening as i can, yet i still have to watch the Truth commercials and catter to your "non-smoking" regulations, however i am thankful for the places that let me smoke. No one is frceing you to eat where i smoke. you have legs that can carry you out of the resturant or pub just as i do. i shouldn't be forced to leave because you are uncomfortable. If you choose to be Non-smoking thats fine, but that decision shouldn't give you the right to tell me i cant smoke there. if you dont like it, then leave.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:12 PM   #52
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

New Zealand is getting a pub/club/restaurant smoking ban in effect from 10th december, personally I'm looking forward to it... no more coming home after a night on the town stinking like smoke [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It's not stopping the smokers from smoking, they'll still do it outside and I have nothing against that, if you want to smoke that's your choice, but don't force it upon me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2004, 06:32 AM   #53
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

have you noticed that people that smoke start at ages 14-18? my friend offered me 1 but i tossed in the bin.
smokers are breaking the law anyway, they litter with their cig butts. to me they're sorta criminals..

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 11-28-2004, 06:39 AM   #54
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
have you noticed that people that smoke start at ages 14-18? my friend offered me 1 but i tossed in the bin.
smokers are breaking the law anyway, they litter with their cig butts. to me they're sorta criminals..
Just when you thought you've heard it all.....
Old 11-28-2004, 07:10 AM   #55
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well, I do agree with the litering thing, I am always disgusted to see cigarette butts everywhere, but I have also noticed that the majority of the smokers I see litering are not adults, they are youg smokers who think they are cool.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:40 AM   #56
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, then perhaps the government should look into that problem, and place public ashtrays in the streets. I can dump my butts in a regular trashcan, but then there's a chance i'd set it on fire, now that would make me a real criminal. There simply isn't anything for smokers to dump their cigarettes in when they're outside, but the smokers can hardly take the blame for that.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:00 AM   #57
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Oh, believe me, there are plenty of places to place their butts, but they just choose not to because it seems to be out of their way.

Dont get me wrong, there are plenty of smokers that dispose of them responsibly, but then again there are plenty who dont.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:07 AM   #58
JOE030303
The Magister

i used to be a smoker (for almost 20 years) but have been off them for over ten years now i agree we should not infringe on a smokers right to smoke but by the same token they should also respect other peoples right to not have to smell or be exposed to it.
i do not agree with hivetyrant as i see people every day throwing cig butts in the street -mostly out of cars which they have ashtrays in-and 90 percent of these people ARE adults such as myself too bad some of us dont have any class.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:08 AM   #59
Irongrinder

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Oh, believe me, there are plenty of places to place their butts, but they just choose not to because it seems to be out of their way.

Dont get me wrong, there are plenty of smokers that dispose of them responsibly, but then again there are plenty who dont.
Yes, but you don't need a smoker to throw away litter unresponsible. In other words this shouldn't be part of the discussion about smoking, but a discussion about litter [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-28-2004, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Irongrinder ]
Old 11-28-2004, 08:18 AM   #60
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:

Well, i'm one of the people that doesn't litter, or at least i try not to. If i see someone throw an empty cokecan or something like that on the pavement, i ask that person if he was raised by a bunch of pigs, must be because i clean things for a living. But with cigarettes it's a little different, you can't dump it into a trashcan like i said, unless you put it out first, and usually people do that with their feet and don't bother picking it up afterwards, myself included. If there were places where people could leave their butts, i would use them. They've put em in public places like malls, so why not place some in neighbourhoods as well ? Until they do, i hope you don't mind that i won't keep em in my pocket until i find a decent place to leave em in.