Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 09:27 PM   #1
Gudy

Can someone please tell me how to get Valkyrie and Zen Master quests? I am almost done and haven't seen them - all guilds say no more quests when I am in them. Have level 23 Lady Paladin and level 22 Monk that I want to promote.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 11-14-2000, 12:10 AM   #2
Lily the Ranger

Scronan, do I sense a bit of frustration? You were not meant to have it all, my dear. Five zenmasters . . . boring. I can see evenings around the campfire now . . . silence, knowing nods, everyone so wise they don't have to speak to each other. I would probably have to put them out of their collective miseries. I just had to peak - didn't want to have to go back anywhere to get the quests. Valkyrie is such a cool idea! I have quite a ways to go. Still working on Samurai (NO DON'T TELL ME - I can do it myself *childish pout*). Hope I didn't sell my tome, usually you can buy things back again but what a markup!

Old 11-14-2000, 01:03 AM   #3
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

SPOILER SPACE!

First off, where are you in the game?

For the Valk:

1. You must have a female retrieve the heart of the Lich in Cet's temple. Its hard to find, but look around everywhere. One path to it, the other to Cet. Keep in mind, unlike the Assassin's Dagger you can pass around for 6 Assassin's, you can have one and only one Valk. Once you have the heart, burn it in the black fire. Go back to any Temple, and you will become a heroine of Vahalla!

2. You must have all 4 Tomes, which are scattered throughout the game. One from the serpent temple, one from underwater, one from I forget the hell where, and one from cet's temple. After you get them, enter either of the bushi dojos and they will promote you. Be smart, and when the master starts talking, pass the books around and get 5 or 6 zenmasters. there is no excuse not to have all your character kick extreme amounts of butt. Zenmaster is the best!

3. Enjoy using these characters for about 15 minutes. Go and fight Cet, laugh at how easy he is, then realize you have 6 undeveloped characters and may scream if you play the game again. Also realize getting any cool weapons is worthless for the final battle, since only the staff and mavin hurt him.

4. Send a letter to DWB and ask him why the hell he did this. But do tell him his game is great.

5. Mail a large bomb to Activision. Make sure to tell them their games have been lousy ever since the ones they made for the Atari 2600. Then relax, have some beer and smile.

Good luck!

Scronan

Note: Views expressed on this forum are not necessarily the opinions of all gamers.
Old 11-14-2000, 03:58 PM   #4
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

aw lily, can't you take a joke? its just kind of weird that the much bragged about Zenmaster cannot be attained until 98% of the game is over. Same with the Valk...just seems ridiculous to me.

Also, I think it should be perfectly feasible to have all Zenmasters. Why not? did one person find the tomes? No, all of your party members did. they should all be allowed to reach the highest level in the game.

Its a great idea, reminds me of the Archmage in Bards tale series...but I think the idea of getting the 4 books is sort of lame. One being, in classical chinese medicine, there are EIGHT elements (earth, heaven, fire, thunder, water, wind, mountain, cloud/lake)...or in more modern circles (fire, water, wood, metal, earth). Many cultures around the world have simillar concepts.

I think each character should have had the chance to get it somehow.

Ok, I'm shutting up now.

Scronan
Old 11-14-2000, 04:14 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

PAHlease - Don't shut up, Scronan!!

I got quite a good chuckle from your post above the post above! I could relate to a lot of it too! Makes no sense to me to leave two character classes availability to the very last. Even if they expected you'd want to play the game over that is still poor game design!
I would have like to have seen more guild quests available. Got rather tiring doing a quest I had done for another character over yet again. Since most of the quests are fetch this or deliver that how hard would it have been to come up with a few dozen more?

And I hope you are feeling better very soon!!

Wyv
Old 11-14-2000, 05:55 PM   #6
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

thanks wyv!

It was funny, I went to nab the two chest in front of Cet, and one had another robinsword. I thought "how ironic, I finally get another one, and it wont do a damn thing to this guy."

well, I think DWB has a winner here, if he improves these few things in the sequel, I think this could be a really good series.

Since, I have this nagging feeling they will never make a patch.

Scronan