Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 12:00 PM   #11
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I've just read the first plane crash thread in its entirety for the first time. I didn't have a chance to read all the posts the first time. I had to lock it as it went to 300+ posts very quickly.

Lest we forget.

That day went past in a daze of confusion and tears. Things seemed to happen so quickly. I still find myself harbouring a sense of disbelief over what has taken place, and I fear what may still happen in the future.

In memory of those who lost their lives.

-Sharp

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 09-15-2001, 12:09 PM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
kaz, your almost an emerald dragon.............

Gwhanos, what does this have to do with this thread? Ranks are a fun thing but should not become your sole focus. Based on posts you have made on various threads in the BG2 and GD forums in the last week or so it's becoming obvious to me that achieving a high rank is quite important to you. Personally I have no problem with that, to each his own, but if increasing your rank is that important to you then do it with useful posts, not off-topic ones that don't add any value to the original post. Why not go to the BG1 and 2 forums and answer newbie questions for example? You can post 30+ posts a day answering questions there.

You're a good bloke and I know you mean well, but this type of behaviour has been brought to our attention by others on more than one occasion and it can be quite annoying as a thread creator to have someone post something totally off-topic and meaningless on their thread (speaking here as a fellow member, not a mod).

Be more careful in the future please and think before you type. Fair enough?

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 12:26 PM   #13
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Memny, a very nice way to tell gwhano 'enuff'
I know we will never forget, never forgive. I speak also for every single person i have had personal contact with since tuesday. I remember the jokes about America not knowing or caring about the world beyond our borders here on the forum. They were funny because of the measure of truth in them. That has changed.

There is much more going on beyond what you may see on the news now. check out the who is in the military thread, i passed along what i could from my sister, who is a major in army intelligence.

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To
Old 09-15-2001, 12:41 PM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I actually managed to get a post or two into that thread before it was locked, I think it's cool of Ziroc to add that World Against Terrorism tag to the top of the IW forums, and to provide it for the rest of us to put into our sigs.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-15-2001, 12:56 PM   #15
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I've just read the first plane crash thread in its entirety for the first time. I didn't have a chance to read all the posts the first time. I had to lock it as it went to 300+ posts very quickly.

Lest we forget.

amazing... I didn't realize it until you pointed it out... all that happened within 12 hours in that thread....

------------------

bad homepage