Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2001, 10:04 AM   #1
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

I just finished Underdark and the drow quest. the dragon-lady left me someplace, i killed everything there. Then i leave this "sacrifice" at the feet of a statue and .....

i cannot get past these things!!
Party consists of- Evergreen (level 14 druid), Viconia and anomen (level 20now!) Jaheira, Imoen, and Minsc (levels 13 to 17 i think). These things not only are almost TOTALLY magic resistant but they hit like golems and they LEVEL drain! ok i can get over the level drains by casting Prot.neg plane, AND i cast protection from fear on group too. there are just too many.. any way i can pull them singly out and ambush them in the hall or something? What kind of method is recommended for this.. and is the reward worth it? (Can anyone in my party use the reward?)
How come those darned clerics leveled SO fast? My druid has been the same level for ages!
Old 07-17-2001, 10:08 AM   #2
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannada:
I just finished Underdark and the drow quest. the dragon-lady left me someplace, i killed everything there. Then i leave this "sacrifice" at the feet of a statue and .....
You had me up to the sacrafice part. The dragon drops you off right in front of a exit. You dont have to even fight whats there, just head to the immediate left and leave the underdark. (well, almost. You have to fight your way through some drow and surface elves fighting in a shrine). Once past the shrine battle area you are on the surface. botta-bing. botta-bang. botta-boom.

Perhaps you took a different route, but that's how the Underdark ended for me once she dumped me off. I know it wasnt too helpful but perhaps if you could backtrack to where she dumped you off you can look and see if that exit is there.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-17-2001).]
Old 07-17-2001, 10:38 AM   #3
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

Oh ok because i chose to into the cave deeper and found some things to kill and there's this killer demons room. THey come after you place a summoned animal under this statue... anyone been here yet? Maybe this is part of ToB? surely not!?
Old 07-17-2001, 10:43 AM   #4
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannada:
Oh ok because i chose to into the cave deeper and found some things to kill and there's this killer demons room. THey come after you place a summoned animal under this statue... anyone been here yet? Maybe this is part of ToB? surely not!?
Yep, that's what you did. You went deeper back into the caves.

I chose not to based upon the fact that the dragon said that it would be tough going back there if she hadn't have helped transport me. So, in a bout of self-preservation/lathargy, I just took the exit and got the heck out of dodge. However, I'm sure there is someone who did what you did. They'll find this thread and will be able to help, I'm sure.

Good luck
Old 07-17-2001, 10:56 AM   #5
Altranan
Dungeon Master

Hi, you don't HAVE to go and fight these demons, but if you don't you may well miss out on the most powerful weapon in the game, an ingredient of which is held by these creatures. As for strategy, I put my party in one corner where one of the things appears and summoned aerial servants and things into areas where the others appear. (I think there are five in total.) I then used my party to attack the creatures individually and hoped that the summoned creatures could at least stall them for a bit, while my main party attempted to pick the demons off one by one, or at least that's the idea. Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2001, 11:01 AM   #6
dragon_lord
Elminster

Iv done it several times. You get the Soul Reaver + 4 if i remember right and its not usable by good characters. I lured them into the passage way one by one and took them down. They are not that hard on their own
Old 07-17-2001, 11:03 AM   #7
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by dragon_lord:
Iv done it several times. You get the Soul Reaver + 4 if i remember right and its not usable by good characters.
Well its better me and my crew of pure butt-kicking goodness (as minsc would say) didnt try for it. We couldnt have used it anyway. *whew*
Old 07-17-2001, 11:04 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

There are 5 (or 6) demon knights and they are all pretty tough. They have high MR and can all cast Power Word Kill so make sure your HPs don't drop below 60 for your tanks. There are a few tactics for this. The semi-cheezy one is to lure them out to the bridge just outside that room and fight them one-on-one. If you decide to stay in the room, make sure you have lots of summonings blocking the way between you and them. They will appear in the corners of the room so buff up your tanks and try to concentrate on killing one at a time. The spell Lower Resistance and Greater Malison really come in handy here.

One thing: your druid will max out at Level 14, unfortunately, they did not support the druid powers beyond level 14 for BG2. For ToB they have (sort of).

------------------
Old 07-17-2001, 11:06 AM   #9
Altranan
Dungeon Master

When I say most powerful weapon in the game I am NOT referring to the Soul Reaver +4.
OK, spoiler coming.....
They give you the girdle of frost giant strength which is necessary to make the crom faeyr.
Old 07-17-2001, 11:10 AM   #10
Waluin

Whew again. I dont have anyone signifcantly proficient or needning a war hammer.

But wow! Its nice to know that it's there just in case I stop by later with a party that does.