Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 08:06 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

OK can anyone give me a definate answer for this? The max dex bonus you get from wearing armor, does it apply only to AC or to all dexterity bonuses (reflex saves, skill bonuses etc...)? I want to know how it was implemented in IWD2 and NWN. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

In 3E rules, there is a penanlty for DEX based skills depending on the armor, with a chance of failure increasing depending on the armor. Check out your manual for more info!
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
In 3E rules, there is a penanlty for DEX based skills depending on the armor, with a chance of failure increasing depending on the armor. Check out your manual for more info!
I know all that. That's not what I asked. I'm not asking about penalties to DEX based skills. Nor I'm asking about the failure to cast spells.

Each armor has a "MAX DEXTERITY BONUS". What I want to know is does this limit the bonus of AC only, or does it limit all dexterity bonuses. And that's not explained in the manual.
And I don't want to know how it's official 3e, but how it was implemented in the game.
Can anyone check? Take any heavy armor and a character with high dex. Check if armor limits AC only or reflex saving throw too for example. I don't have game with me here in Ireland so can't do so.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
Redcodekevin
Dungeon Master

Man, take it easy. AFAIK, max dex. bonus ONLY applies to AC, the penalty to abilities is stated in the Armor Check Penalty. If that is not the case, please enlighten me.