Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2002, 12:39 PM   #11
Azred
Drow Priestess

Well, paladins don't normally get spells until they reach 9th level; lay on hands and cure disease are once/day spells, while protection from evil is once/day/level. With 11 protections, it sounds like your paladin probably doesn't even have 2nd level cleric spells yet.

My personal style for designing fighters is to have no more than +++ in any weapon; I like my fighters to be able to use many weapons, not be an expert in only one or two weapons. Hence, the only difference between my fighters and rangers/paladins is that my fighters level more quickly. Other than that, if the character's concept is more fighter-ish than ranger/paladin I'll go with fighter; otherwise, if the concept is more paladin-ish then I go with paladin.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 01:22 PM   #12
Lavindathar
Harper

The 11 was a random guess, but I think it is more along the lines of 13...I havent checked though, but he does have 2nd level Cleric spells.

And I meant abilities (as you interpreted) when I was talking about his "spells"...

Overall, I beleive a fighter with Grand Mastery, beats a Paladin with 3*...cos once you have one good weapon, you dnt need another!