Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2002, 01:12 AM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Earlier today I created a dwarven fighter/clerc (yes, Micah, that dwarf ) and as I was testing the character sound sets I noticed something really strange.

My son (he's 6) watches Spongebob Squarepants. While passing the time on the computer or perhaps doing some moderate housecleaning I can clearly hear his cartoons. Anyway, there is a character on the cartoon named Squidward (Spongebob's neighbor) who is always easily irritated by Spongebob's antics.

To make a long story short, the sound set "Male_Thief_1" sounds like Squidward. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Try it yourself! Tune into Spongebob on Nickelodeon, listen to Squidward's voice, then listen to Male_Thief_1. Let me know what you think.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 02:03 AM   #2
zakharak
The Magister

I don't get Nick, but that's funny, i am sure there is some coincidence...

Hey, are you the one who just loves "Burdeskan Black Brew?"
I still havn't downed all of mine yet!! Saving it. Like everything else...

Lata skata
Old 03-03-2002, 08:23 AM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

It's probably the same voice actor. Lots of v.a.'s do jobs on cartoons as well as video games. Did you know that the v.a. who did Minsc in the BG-series (his name escapes me at the moment) also does the voice of Winnie the Pooh?
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 11:51 AM   #4
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
It's probably the same voice actor. Lots of v.a.'s do jobs on cartoons as well as video games. Did you know that the v.a. who did Minsc in the BG-series (his name escapes me at the moment) also does the voice of Winnie the Pooh?

You're JOKING Me!? Winnie The Pooh Is The Same Voice As Minsc!?
Old 03-03-2002, 12:13 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
You're JOKING Me!? Winnie The Pooh Is The Same Voice As Minsc!?

Just remembered his name: Jim Cummings. In The Tigger Movie, he did both Tigger and Winnie the Pooh. Check here for a list of all the things he has done, although, strangely, Baldur's Gate isn't listed there. Jim is listed as the voice of Minsc here though.

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: J'aran ]

Old 03-03-2002, 12:48 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ROTFLMAO ... Pooh and Minsc .... too funny!!!!!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 01:03 PM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Cummings also did Gorion, Tazok and Mulahey in BG1, and in BG2 I think he did Firkraag, among others. He did Darkwing Duck. He did the voice of Mr. Bumpy in a show called Bump in the Night too. Would Minsc's line "Strange things go bump at night (...)" be a pun on this? Man, that www.voicechasers.org is a great site to browse.

Azred, that Squidward of yours is voiced by a guy with the outspoken cartoonish name of Rodger Bumpass. They don't have a list of IWD-voice actors, so I couldn't find out if he also did Male_Thief_1.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:38 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Well, there is a Roger Bumpass listed under the "Additional Voices" section of the original IWD Instruction Manual; it must be the same guy. Yes, voice actors seem to land lots of odd jobs here and there--cartoons, commercials, video games, etc. The voice of Jaheira/Ellesime from BG does some female voices for Samurai Jack.

Anyway, I thought it was strange; the answer must be "yes, they are the same".

And yes, I am he who loves Berduskan Black Brew. In fact, I am enjoying some right now! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2002, 05:07 PM   #9
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since we're in a nickelodeon vein... I swear that the woman who voices Lil from 'Rugrats' (curse my little sister for watching that show all the time) does voices for some of the female characters in BGII and IWD. Guess I'll check that website you mentioned and see...
Old 03-04-2002, 08:33 PM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

They most likely are the same person. I saw many crossovers on that site. Really interesting site, that.

@Lorala: Never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line!