Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2002, 12:36 AM   #1
zakharak
The Magister

Just like to tell my opinion.

I loved Severed Hand out of all the places ive been too. That was the most fun, i have had. I didn't lose one character in the whole thing, and pausing was at a minimum. That really makes this game loads of fun, when you can just let them rock. But anyway, the Hand really touched me, i hope that i get to go back there.

Question: Severed Hand Spoiler
At the top of one of the towers, can't remember which, the mage in the garden asked me to bring him some pure water, or seeds, or something. Well, i brought him the Priest Purified water, but nothing came up about that when i spoke to him. Anyone know why??

Thanks Dawgs
Old 03-02-2002, 03:53 AM   #2
Mossy
Dungeon Master

Two people want you to bring them water in the Hand, you have to give the correct water to each person. There won't be any conversion after you give them the water but there should be a scene change.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 12:10 PM   #3
zakharak
The Magister

I talked to that wizard in the garden, and closely found out the i could NOT find anything in the Hand, and that i would have to travel up north to find the water, or other such things.

I am all ready well into Dorn's Deep now, but its never too late to travel back to the Hand to gain more exp and help a few people out.

I hate to spoil my self but:
...>
Who do i give the Purified water in the barrel to? (it doesn't work with the wizard.) Thankyou much. Later on
Old 03-02-2002, 12:26 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoiler:

Go up into the Solonor tower (Southern exit from level 4 of the Hand where Lehland the merchant is). There is a priest by the name of Denaini there. He is the one that gets the Holy (Purified) water.

The other person you are thinking of is Valestis, who wants pure water, seeds, birds and small animals to restore the arboretum. Valestis is located in the Correlon Tower (northern exit off level 4).

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 01:34 PM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

I had the water, and the seeds, and I knew where to take them. But I only remembered once I was in the crystal tower at the end, and I couldn't go back. I was upset.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:04 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

That's a shame, Lavindathar. The restored Arboretum is quite peacful and beautiful. I had it as my desktop wallpaper for a while (until I changed it to the Astrolabe Laboratory). You know, I never considered using any SoA/ToB areas as wallpaper; this just goes to show the differences in the artwork used in the two games. My! Just listen to me ramble on....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:11 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Azred is right. The animations and changes associated with the transformation are oustanding! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:54 PM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

What a bastard. I'd have luved to have seen it...can someone email me a screenie of it?

Lavindathar@hotmail.com