Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 04:33 PM   #1
Greg26R
Welcomed New User

I know it says for you to put the tomes into your quick item slots
but then what? It won't let me use them. Please someone help.

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Greg26R ]

Greg26R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:09 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Tomes????? In Icewind Dale????? Which tomes are you referring to?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:27 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer

BTW,

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Geaux Tigers! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 03-05-2002, 06:49 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

I think you want one of the other boards...(BG1,BG2etc..),,,either that, or you've found one hell of a secret!!
Old 03-05-2002, 07:37 PM   #5
Greg26R
Welcomed New User

Your right, Wrong Game. Looked at wrong faq. BTW thanks for the welcome.
LSU Football Ruled this year.
Greg26R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 07:47 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer

No problem! [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, you should just be able to put the tomes in the quick item slot and then after you exit inventory and go back to the game screen, select the character with the tome and click on the tome. It should give you a message that "So-so's wisdom Or whatever has increased permanently by 1".

Pity the basketball team can't do as well.

Old 03-06-2002, 12:58 AM   #7
zakharak
The Magister

I haven't any close clue to what a Tome is but i have another questions possibly along those lines:

I can't remember if i found it in Dorn's or Wyrm's, but i found a piece of paper, with some note on it and nothing else, ...darn, sorry i can't remember what it said. Anyway, it is in my "quick item slot", and is some sort of spell i gather. Well, i would like to know if it is beneficial as defense or offense. And if i should hold on to it. Maybe i should use it and reload a game or somehting.

But, could someone please spoil that for me, because i have no time, recently to play Lower Dorn's yet. Im anxious for it though, (I already got my feet wet by cruisin' around and getting torn apart in like three minutes!!!

Finally, i can cast Raise Dead!!!! Although, these days, my chars only get blown to pieces, which makes it fruitless...

See you!
Old 03-06-2002, 03:33 AM   #8
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Zakharak, about that note: it would help us greatly if we knew what it says. The only note that I know of that you can put in your quick item slots is the note you can steal from a chest in Hrothgar's house that says something along the lines of: "If you read this, it means that you have broken into my house and you are a thief. Beware." Or something similar. Now you CAN put this one in a quick item slot, but if you click on it, it doesn't do a thing. I have no idea if this is the note you're talking about, but it might be something like it.

And Raise Dead not working: does that happen when your chars are not chunked too? 'Cause if it only happens when they are chunked, it's nothing wierd, the game is designed like that.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 01:09 AM   #9
zakharak
The Magister

It is a "note to Kerish" from "joril" and upon further investigation is doesn't do anything either. But why would i be able to put it in my quick item slot?

It leaves my imagination to drift upon some unlocked mysiteries about Joril!!

Lata. Thanks J'aran, that Raise Dead stuff i wrote before was more jokingly written, Haha, hoo hoooo, hee h-- ah forget it...