Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2002, 04:50 PM   #1
G8KeePeR
Welcomed New User

I have a question.

I have iwd and how for some time now. I am playing it for some time but had to start over all the time due formats. this time im am in chapter 4.

Now my question is: when should i play how.
At the end or when my characters at at the level of entering how. my fighters are at level 8 and the others 9 to 11.

What should I do??
G8KeePeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 04:59 PM   #2
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

IMHO- wait as long as you can. I think the game recommends that all your characters be level nine for the bare minimum. I tried it with level nine characters and only got frustrated. I've heard you get better results if you wait till level 11 or 12, so that's what I'm doing this time around.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:56 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The game won;t even let you start HOW until your characters are at least ninth level (Hjollder tells you to come back when you are more experienced). But Lorala is right ... wait until you are higher level, the higher the better. I actually wait until near the very of chapter six before starting HOW.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 11:21 AM   #4
G8KeePeR
Welcomed New User

thanks.
I think i'll wait a bit before starting how but i nearly can't wait to play it. it looks just great.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:27 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

While you're waiting, you might try to download the free expansion called Trials of the Luremaster. It's an official expansion (72mb) that Black Isle offered as a way of saying thanks to its fans (and also to stifle complaints about the length of HOW). ToL corrects a lot of small remaining item bugs that the HOW patches didn't catch. It's well worth the trouble of downloading!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 09:13 AM   #6
G8KeePeR
Welcomed New User

thanks but i already did that.
any way, i hoop to finish iwd soon so i can play how and tol.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:10 AM   #7
BRNDL BACKBREAKER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Includes minor spoiler......Although I played HOW as soon as I got all of my characters to level 9 (for some reason I think the dualed characters didn't have to be 9, but not sure), it was VERY difficult for characters at this low lever. Here comes the minor spoiler... the most difficult part was having to deal with undead (and the like). Yeah this is a hint, so think about it...
BRNDL BACKBREAKER is offline   Reply With Quote