Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 06:05 AM   #191
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

yorick, let it go. apparently chewbacca only supports freedom of speech so long as you agree with him... and if you disagree you MUST be distorting what he says.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:05 AM   #192
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Also-you can keep your 'religiosness' to yourself thankyouverymuch. I could care less.
Just as you can keep your dislike for that "religiousness" to yourself. Thank you very much.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:22 AM   #193
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Please. You're not seriously attempting to give me an English lesson are you? How quaint.
I aim to please. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]No, Dirty Meg, you "aim" to openly insult Yorick because his opinion differs from your own.

And you continue to insult him directly despite repeated admonishments from Cloudy, Mouse and even Ziroc himself. Obviously, they're "gentle reminders" about the rules aren't having much effect.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:55 AM   #194
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

This is a last warning. If all you feel can contribute to the debate is a personal barb or a condescending riposte, then go ahead.

But be warned, it may be the last post you make for a while.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-09-2004, 07:46 AM   #195
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:

[/QUOTE ] Obviously, they're "gentle reminders" about the rules aren't having much effect.
No, but their "gentle reminders" are.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:57 AM   #196
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Dirty Meg, it is way past time to stop this. Mouse posted it was the last warning and it was. Please have the courtesy to listen when a moderator asks you to stop a behavior or follow board rules. Your last post is nothing but 'bait' to try and continue a petty run of personal comments and criticisms begun with Yorick and now Cerek and if I see one more, I'll heartily recommend to Ziroc that you take a vacation from the board.

You are welcome to debate and discuss issues here, a new voice is a treat in CE but if you can't abide by the no personal attacks or flamebaiting rules, then don't click the reply button.

That goes for anyone else who feels he or she has to take another jab at someone in this thread instead of addressing the topic. You don't have to like each other and you don't have to agree, but you do have to follow a few basic rules including a little respect when posting.

Post on the topic of banning gay marriage in VA, or anywhere else for that matter, but don't take pot shots at each other for not having identical lifestyles, beliefs or opinions on the issue.

[ 06-09-2004, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 06-09-2004, 09:21 AM   #197
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Chewie said:
Quote:
What if someone posted here expressing the opinion that Catholics and protestants shouldn't be allowed to marry? Would that be allowed?
Now, Yorick first juked left in response, noting that the world isn't just black and white, then he juked right and claimed Chewie was just trying to get the thread closed.

I just want to note that from a legal standpoint, the case of Loving v. Va., where Va.'s law banning black/white marriage was struck down by the Supreme Court, WILL be cited by any court that reviews the gay marriage issue. And, if Va's recent law banning these unions is challenged, which I'm sure it will by (by LAMDA, B-GLAD, the ACLU, or any number of other organizations backing individual couples), then Loving v. Va. will be especially poignant.

Remember, at one time, marrying a black to a white was an aberration, because blacks were less human. Then we came to see blacks as logically equal. Then we decided that not only were they equal, but they could not be kept "separate but equal" and must be integrated into one society. Following that, the ban on black/white marriage fell within a few short years.

I don't see how, when viewed historically, the trend regarding gays will actually look vert different. First, gays were anathema, and it was okee-dokee to make laws prejudicing those who were gay. Then, we came to see them as equals in humanity, if morally out-of-line with ourselves. Heck, even GWB says that gays should have access to all rights, even though that is always the quiet part of his speech (the loud part is that he is against gay marriage). The trend is set -- I don't see it changing. We can work as a society to stall or slow the granting of rights to gays and gay couples, but the inevitable is the inevitable. My prognostication, anyway.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:44 PM   #198
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Since no one will listen to our warnings, this is CLOSED. Ignore us again, and we will suspend you. Dirty Meg and Yorick, you two need to chill out. You BOTH shared insults, so it ends HERE.

Closed Thread